Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

03' grand caravan sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Glennsautoperformanc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03' grand caravan sport

My brother just did front brakes and rotors on his wifes van brakes work great now however while doing the brakes he turned the spindle assembly as far as he could to gain access to the caliper mounting bracket bolts now when turning the steering while driving you feel a vibration in the steering it only occurs while turning the steering wheel slowly it dose not matter if your driving or parked it does the same thing also the power steering resivor is over full and no fluid was added . What cold possibly be wrong ? and what is the fix ?

Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
webbee
Professional
Default RE: 03' grand caravan sport

Just guessing here, but the filter screen in the PS fluid reservoir is known to plug up and not allow fluid into the pump. The fix is a new reservoir from the dealer. What is puzzling is how new your van is, to have this problem. I suppose some junk could have been forced upward when he moved the caliper into the extreme position, plugging the filter, and causing the fluid level to rise. You could remove the reservoir and see if the fluid drains out to rule that part out. I think the fluid is ATF+4 on that vehicle. Please report back in as to what the eventual fix turns out to be.

As always, good luck with your project!

Old 11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Glennsautoperformanc
Default RE: 03' grand caravan sport

Thank you for the reply! will let you know what we find!

Quick Reply: 03' grand caravan sport