Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 PM
jrbg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights

I have no brake lights working on a 1998 Caravan. Seems to common on here. Checked the fuses, relay, and changed the switch and still nothing. I read this post:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...ke-lights.html
which provided alot of info, but the wiring colors do not match the ones noted for a 2005.

Anyone know what colors are for the power in and out at the switch for the brake lights on a 1998? What do the other wires do? There is no power at any of the 6 wires coming in.

Any ideas?

Thanks- Jeff

Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The B+ wire is pk/db cav #6, Did you ck fuse 13 in the PDC? and 1,3 and 5 in the juntion block too. If the fuses are all good, try using a jumper from battery voltage to cav 6 on the brake switch. If the lites work then you may need a body control module.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
jrbg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. No power in on PK/DB. Fuse 13 ok. Junction box- is that the same as the BCM? Or where is the juction box?

I put power to the WT/TN and the lights work. Added a new wire from PDC 13 out to PK/DB in at switch for now. Brake lights now work.

Thanks- Jeff

Quick Reply: Brake lights