Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

2010 Dodge Challenger Preview article

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
DodgeForum Editors
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Challenger Preview article

Hey guys,

With news of a strong 5.0 "Coyote" being put into the next Mustang, the Challenger should have a performance goal in mind: be careful that the competition doesn't catch up, and definitely don't let them pass you by.

What do you think the 2010, and beyond, Challenger needs to show?

If you missed the quick read, you can find it here: https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2009...razy-cuda.html

You can read and talk about the Challenger all day and every way with this link: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/tags/challenger.html

Thanks

Last edited by DodgeForum Editors; 09-02-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
audioaddict
Professional

Although I know it'll probably never happen from the factory, I'd love to see Dodge roll out a package that included better handling and some sort of foced induction, possibly a supercharger turning out an easy-going 6-8 pounds of boost. The Hemi's are already cranking out a respectible, naturally aspirated 425hp, so force-feed it some air, adjust the air/fuel mixtures and timing, and create a special low-restriction intake/exhaust system, you would have a Challenger to compete with the GT500's and Corvette's in terms of power. Handling would also need to be addressed, can't make proper use of all that power if you can only go in a straight line with it, now can you? Do some R&D, come up with a competition-minded coil over set up to lower the car's center of gravity a few inches (and possibly with some sort of stiffnes control in terms of the shock like you see on a lot of aftermarket coil over systems, but have it be electronically adjusted to allow for precise tuning), stiffen up the frame, and lighten the load a little bit and you've got a car that will be a sure fan favorite for geneartions. But like I said, probably will never happen.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 AM
specy
Banned

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/...ger/index.html ............ ......you can check out this link if you want to know about the challenger.......

Old 10-30-2009, 08:23 AM
fenny

challenger performance wise is just mind blowing but can anyone tell me something about its headlights and taillights....a bit of information...

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Challenger Preview article