Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM
shocker88240
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Trouble

Ok, it has been a while since ive been on this site, but i have a problem. I recently got engaged to my girlfriend, who owned an 09 RT Challenger. Im a huge MOPAR fan(i own an 05 V8 Dakota), as is she and even her dad (owns an 09 SuperBee) is a huge fan. Anyways, she recently took her Challenger to her local Dodge dealer for a starter problem in far west Arizona. Lake Havasu City to be exact (Anderson I believe).

Long story short, they found some kind of problem in the top end of the engine. Something about Oil Blowback or something like that (I can get more info if needed, but im hearing this second hand as i was not with her at the time. They said it wasnt messed up yet, but it would eventually and that warranty WILL NOT cover it and it would cost 7500 to fix! Even though she was still under her 3yr 36k mile warranty. Which I believe is BUMPER TO BUMPER! Apparently it is a common problem in the 09's or some bs. So, my fiance freaks out and doesnt know what to do! She is with her dad (who is a old disabled Vietnam Vet and is VERY naive) and my girl is 23 (and very naive as well).

Anyways, the Dealership says the best thing they can do for them is to trade in the 09 for an 11! My fiancee is working full time just to pay for her college and still owed quite a bit on her 09, but she was panicking and didnt think they had any other option! She just started a new job and cant afford to have her car blow up on her, and she sure as hell doesnt have 7500 to spend to fix the car. So her and her dad do what they feel is their only option and trade it in for a new one!

Basically she is now going to be paying 600 a month for 5 years...so basically 90k for a challenger when its all said and done! Which is really horrible considering she is now in debt because of this car and at the same time is about to move basically 2 states away (East New Mexico) to live with me and start a new life!

Now, this just doesnt sit right with me. I feel like the dealership SCAMMED them and conned them into a new vehicle. Am I right that BUMPER TO BUMPER means EVERYTHING? I know i made them fix a paint chip on my truck under warranty because they obviously tried to cover it up with nail polish and they never questioned me! I am very close to calling Chrysler and raising hell! I am even considering talking to my lawyer about a Fraud Lawsuit!

Am I over reacting here? It really seems fishy that they wouldnt fix this "Oil Blowback problem" or whatever the F*&% it is!

Please tell me if this is really a common problem, or some made up stuff to trick them into buying a new car. Also, she has told me that the Dealership is fishy because anytime they would take her old Challenger in for warranty work, it would come back with something ELSE messed up.

So Scam?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

O, the Oil Blow back problem? I've replaced few engine with that problem.

the New Hemi Engine is designed with the uni-lateral phase detractor, which could supply invese reactive current for better fuel economy.
instead power being generated thru conductors and flux like the older engine design, power is being generated by the modio action of capacitive direction interaction.

because of the 2 lunar vane build in the ladder wears out overtime, it would eventually desynchroize, and cause a internal oil leak into marzowing shaft in the upper end of the engine. Hence the loud ticking noise you heard when u start the engine sometimes. It is just a matter of time the engine would self destruct.

on 2011 engine, Chrysler engineers has redesigned the stator winding on the marzowings shaft, and installed a gurdle spring to keep the lunar vanes synchronize, so it will not have the Oil blowback problems.

Did the saleman explained to her about the oil drainback problem like I did?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
shocker88240
Professional

No, they didnt tell her anything about that when she bought the car. Am I right to think it shouldve been covered under warranty?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by shocker88240
No, they didnt tell her anything about that when she bought the car. Am I right to think it shouldve been covered under warranty?

I am just Kidding on my last post. None of the stuff I mentioned exist on car, neither does Oil Drainback problem.

Oil Drainback is a term that describes when you have a CHEAP made in ____ Oil filter with a faulty anti-drainback valve, when you start the vehicle, the Oil light would stay on for few second.
repair is do an Oil Change.

I bet a (real good) Salesman got to her when she was in the dealership, probably checking out new cars. She probably didnt even talk to a mechanic to find out what was wrong with the car.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
shocker88240
Professional

yeah, i thought that sounded fishy as hell! Im seriously thinking of getting my lawyer involved, because she did in fact talk to the mechanic, but she is a girl, she doesnt know **** about cars. My main question is this....If you have a problem under 36k and 3 years on a STOCK car, they HAVE to fix it correct?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:08 PM
shocker88240
Professional

And yes i realize that this Oil blowback **** is not a real issue, but if they made up a problem and said that it isnt covered under warranty, im pretty sure thats grounds for a lawsuit. I want to know before i even bother with a lawyer. I just want Chrysler to make it right, because scamming a young naive blonde into thinking she HAS no other option but to buy a new car is BS!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Yes, if it is still underwaranty, it is covered, we have to fix the car at no cost to the customer. only time we dont is if we can prove the damage was done by other source, such as Car been in accident, an aftermarket alarm system cause the no start, or wild animal chewed up ur wires, etc... u get what i mean.

I highly doubt she talked to the mechanic. Mechanic mades money on fixing car, Salesman makes money on selling cars, why would a dealership mechanic try to sell her a brand new car?
or maybe ur gf is not telling u the story exactly, because she doesn't know anything about car business.

I suggest you to call the dealership's service dept and find out what happened with the car she traded in. hear their side of story, and go from there.

I dont think Chrysler corp cares about things like these, or able to do anything. they have no control over what a salesman tell the customer to sell them a car.

Last edited by steak59; 07-22-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:18 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

if she bought the car new, and is the first owner it has a lifetime powertrain warranty

Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by plumcrazy73
if she bought the car new, and is the first owner it has a lifetime powertrain warranty
Not on an 09, I don't believe. Think 08 was the last year of that.

Either way, she got screwed. That would be a warranty item.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
1970Duster440
Rookie

09 was the last year for lifetime power train warranty.

Quick Reply: Challenger Trouble