Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New guy

Old 03-27-2013, 02:09 PM
cutlass2007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

I have a 2013 Challenger. Love the car. Redline edition. Does anyone have a problem with trans when car is cold?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cutlass,

There are no issues that I have heard of when the car is cold. Are you personally experiencing any concerns? If so, what are they? Feel free to PM me your VIN# and I'd be happy to review any concerns or questions you have.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
cutlass2007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the car is still cold it seems to take longer to change gears when I pull off. And when coming to a stop I sometime feel it downshift and a couple of times I could hear something that sounds like the driveshaft. When warm no problem.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cutlass,

How cold is it where you are located? In colder weather any vehicle will have a slower start. The engine will idle rougher and the transmission will shift harsher. Once the vehicle starts to warm up, these conditions usually start to smooth over, this is normal.

As per the Owner's Manual, page 404, "During extremely cold temperatures transmission operation may be modified depending on engine and transmission temperature as well as vehicle speed. Normal operation will resume once the transmission temperature has risen to a suitable level."

However, if you feel like your concern is not normal I would suggest having it diagnosed at a Dodge dealer for confirmation. If you would like additional assistance or have any questions please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, they extend the shifts a little when cold to help it warm up faster. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Search this Thread