Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Can The New Challenger Do the 10 sec run?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:50 PM
dodgister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can The New Challenger Do the 10 sec run?

The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with drag radial tires ran a 10.85 quarter mile - 11.2 with the factory tires. I am wondering if we will see 10 second runs with the factory tires once owners get some seat time?

http://www.torquenews.com/106/holy-h...c-14-milevideo

In the fine print at the end of the video that shows the new Challenger SRT Hellcat running a 10.85 at 126.18 miles per hour explains that the ten second run was made with drag radial tires. With the stock tires, the Hellcat Challenger “only” ran an 11.2 at 125 miles per hour and that time/speed is NHRA certified. For comparison, the 662 horsepower Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang runs through the quarter mile in fully stock form in 11.5 seconds while a stock Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 will typically run the quarter in the high 11 second range.

Attached Thumbnails Can The New Challenger Do the 10 sec run?-challenger_hellcat_time_board.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 05:55 PM
eclipsems
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are so many factors on a quarter mile time, that should most of them be favorable, such as tail wind, cold air good DA good track prep etc. it's entirely possible to see it.

I once gained an average of .2 on a quarter just because one day I had a good tail wind.

Good driver with some seat time, and many factors working to your favor, it's entirely possible.

Quick Reply: Can The New Challenger Do the 10 sec run?