Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

I wish I had done this sooner. Best Mod yet!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:06 PM
swiftjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wish I had done this sooner. Best Mod yet!!!!

Link to entire album - available on my Facebook page. PNW Dodge Challenger.

For roughly $120 bucks, a custom mod you get to look at every time you drive your car! I am glad I listened to my wife and did not paint anything extra. You can always do that later. I ended up liking the white as it matches the letters and numbers on the gauge face. Read the individual photo comments as I found a few things to do differently than the plethora of videos on YouTube. Total time for install - 1 hour. Gauge Faces - Black Cat Custom Automotive - Gauge Faces for all makes and models of cars and trucks - LED Lighting Upgrades

This seems a little exaggerated on the how-to videos. People marking things, putting tape down....just take a nice picture of all gauges. Key off, and key on (do not start the car).

The online videos are accurate on taking this out. 2 screws, pop off face and 4 screws to take it out. Make sure your steering wheel (if adjustable) is all the way towards you. Much easier to take out.

Another change. The videos show taking out all 12 screws, only 6 around the edges. Do not take out the interior screws. (Next picture)

No need to remove these. Only the outer screws as show in the upper left of the picture.

I save all of my original parts. Instead of just ripping this out, I made sure to remove it carefully. These are not glued in, only the center bezels hold them in place.

The needles are different sizes. I simply put them in the correct bays above.

Wash your hands and try not to touch the new faces. Fingerprints, etc. will show. I handled by the edges and used my nylon tool to press down and snap the centers in to place.

Looking good! READ the instructions here.
Online videos say to pry off. That is not necessary. Turn counter-clockwise while turning and they come right off. Reverse it when putting back on. If you overshoot the placement, simply go back around counter clockwise. Some say to take out just the cluster before re-assembling to check the needles. I was confident in my placement and had no issues.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NICE! Looking good.