Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

2013 Challenger Rear Clunking noise/Antifreeze/Paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 03:28 PM
johnnyplang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2013 Challenger Rear Clunking noise/Antifreeze/Paint

I have two major problems:
1. I took my challenger in for recalls and told them about a clunking noise I hear when coasting about 20mph and then tapping on the accelerator. A few days later the dealer called me and told me I had broken teeth in the rear differential and that it needed to be replaced for $10000. They talked with Chrysler and agreed to do it for $600 because of my low miles (65000). I agreed and waited 3 months for my car to be returned from the dealer xxxxxxxxx in xxxxxxx Michigan. The first time I drove my car after the 'repair' the same clunking noise was still present. After that I talked with other Challenger owners and they hear the same noise. I found out from searching on the internet that this noise is a design problem and cannot be fixed. The dealer now is playing games with me and says that they had to replace the part and sorry that it didn't fix the problem. Every mechanic should know this problem and not diagnose this wrong.
2. I have paint fading on the edge of my hood that I think was from antifreeze that sprayed all over my engine when my water pump failed in 2016 or something other than me. I also had a radiator fail in 2014. Seems to me the antifreeze they use is eating away metal or something. Chrysler refuses to repair this under warranty since the dealer said that it looked like the damage could be antifreeze but there is no way to prove it. When I called FCA warranty they told me to call the dealer and when I talked to the dealer they told me to call warranty. If this is how Chrysler deals with good customers then I will be looking at other car manufacturers in the future.

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-14-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Do you need help with anything or are you just using this platform to vent your frustrations?

Old 08-14-2018, 03:44 PM
johnnyplang

just putting it out there and trying to find out how to get Chrysler to help get my money back.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:45 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You will need a lawyer and good luck.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So your first post was to bitch, then admit you want help with something we can't help you with? Here ya go:

Old 08-15-2018, 02:24 PM
johnnyplang
Default Have a nice day

Hemiloner It sounds like someone else is the complainer. I mentioned 2 problems in the Dodge forum so that others that may have the same problem with service can hopefully save them from maybe having unnecessary repairs made to their cars plus to see if others have had issues with their cooling system. Also I didn't know there are rules for posts in a forum that isn't owned or ran by you. Are you a Chrysler administrator for this forum? Also I am hoping Chrysler reads this.

Last edited by johnnyplang; 08-15-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:39 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hemiloner bwahaha

Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Waste of your time.

Originally Posted by johnnyplang
Hemiloner It sounds like someone else is the complainer. I mentioned 2 problems in the Dodge forum so that others that may have the same problem with service can hopefully save them from maybe having unnecessary repairs made to their cars plus to see if others have had issues with their cooling system. Also I didn't know there are rules for posts in a forum that isn't owned or ran by you. Are you a Chrysler administrator for this forum? Also I am hoping Chrysler reads this.
Your dealing with loyal FCA owners/members on this site. If you accidently cut them, they bleed FCA.Complaining here will do you no good.
You could be gang raped by FCA over your Dodge vehicle and they would still back FCA. Heck, some on here might even participate.
Best to take your complaint to a complaint site, there are many to choose from.
AND good luck on your mechanical troubles and future law suit.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:29 AM
johnnyplang

Originally Posted by usmc1811
Your dealing with loyal FCA owners/members on this site. If you accidently cut them, they bleed FCA.Complaining here will do you no good.
You could be gang raped by FCA over your Dodge vehicle and they would still back FCA. Heck, some on here might even participate.
Best to take your complaint to a complaint site, there are many to choose from.
AND good luck on your mechanical troubles and future law suit.
i was loyal too except now with these problems i will be forced to look elsewhere for my next car. A forum like this should be used to voice problems or what good is it. Freedom of speech lol. You seem like one of the most reasonable people here. My mother always said if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything. Some in the forum should maybe make that there motto. Thanks for your post.

Last edited by johnnyplang; 08-19-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:46 AM
johnnyplang

I put my compliant on here to inform others on the problems. The clumkjng noise is a design problem that chrysler refuses to fix and local dealer mechanics are misdiagnosing it. Also i just heard from a chrysler rep that the paint problem may be galvanic corrosion. So go ahead and bleed fca.

Quick Reply: 2013 Challenger Rear Clunking noise/Antifreeze/Paint