Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
413cuda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers
I agree. I believe they will build it, just hope they don't shy away from components as they get into production and lose the essence of the car. If the retro interior is dumbed down to a Magnum version, the 6 speed bites the dust or the 6.1 is dropped to 5.7 and functional scoop die as well, then it will not sell near as well. And I will give up on DC.

Right On. I can see it already... a pistol grip autostick. [sm=ummmmokay.gif]

Now, there's something for the true performance enthusiast.

But, considering that the Prowler, SRT8 300C, SRT6 Crossfire, SRT8 Magnum, SRT8 Charger, Ram SS/T, Dakota R/T, etc., etc., etc. are/were only available in automatics, who knows what DC is going to screw up next. As far as I'm concerned, the "true" performance (SRT) line should only be available with stick shifts. Or, at the very least make it an option. Its getting to the point where I'd even be willing to pay extra for a stick. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The auto only thing is one of my biggest gripes as everything they make with a powerful V8, even though they have the SRT badge on them, are missing half of the whole meaning behind the "R" as most race cars have a manual transmission. The autostick sounds good and is nice in theory, but it is far from being a replacement for a true manual.

The reason the Charger SRT8 gets picked the most in the polls is probably due to the fact that the Viper is so frickin expensive, so many rule it out simply based on that.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a poll... I don't think cost has anything to do with it... as it's just imagination... even if they did rule it out because of it's price... the Charger still came in 2nd...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:10 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, considering the prototype out in mags now.....definitely not a screw up. 6.1 w/6 sp!!

Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
mr wzrd

THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF PISSING AND MOANING HERE ,IS THIS A DODGE SITE? I LOVE MY DODGE PRODUCTS .I OWN A 06 DAYTONA CHARGER AND A 05 DAYTONA RAM TRUCK.NO COMPLAINTS HERE.FORD HAD NOTHING TO OFFER,MUSTANG? JUST BECAUSE IT GOES A LITTLE FASTER FROM 0 TO 60 ? CHEVY ALL THEY HAVE NICE IS THE CORVETTE,I GOT MY TWO RIDES FOR UNDER WHAT I WOULD HAVE PAID FOR NEW 06 VETTE ,AND AS FOR HANDLING,AFTER OWNING BOTH A MUSTANG AND A VETTE ,I HAVE NO COMPLAINT WITH MY CHARGER AND THE WAY IT TAKES A CORNER .I ALSO FEEL VERY SAFE WHEN DRIVEING AT HIGH RATES OF SPEED,AT 100 MPH I WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WALKING AWAY IN MY DAYTONA THEN ANY VETTE OR STANG.WITH ALL THAT IN MIND I CANT WAIT FOR NEW CHALLENGER,HOPE DODGE KEEP IT SPECIAL,LIMITED EDITION, A CAR CANT BE EVERYTHING,AND I THINK DODGE IS WELL ON ITS WAY TO RECLAIM THIER PAST GLORY THE HEMI CUDA CHALLENGER

Old 01-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm... it's good to hear you own those two after owning a Mustang and a Vette... The air is fresher when in a Dodge, lol

Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mr wzrd

THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF PISSING AND MOANING HERE ,IS THIS A DODGE SITE? I LOVE MY DODGE PRODUCTS .I OWN A 06 DAYTONA CHARGER AND A 05 DAYTONA RAM TRUCK.NO COMPLAINTS HERE.FORD HAD NOTHING TO OFFER,MUSTANG? JUST BECAUSE IT GOES A LITTLE FASTER FROM 0 TO 60 ? CHEVY ALL THEY HAVE NICE IS THE CORVETTE,I GOT MY TWO RIDES FOR UNDER WHAT I WOULD HAVE PAID FOR NEW 06 VETTE ,AND AS FOR HANDLING,AFTER OWNING BOTH A MUSTANG AND A VETTE ,I HAVE NO COMPLAINT WITH MY CHARGER AND THE WAY IT TAKES A CORNER .I ALSO FEEL VERY SAFE WHEN DRIVEING AT HIGH RATES OF SPEED,AT 100 MPH I WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WALKING AWAY IN MY DAYTONA THEN ANY VETTE OR STANG.WITH ALL THAT IN MIND I CANT WAIT FOR NEW CHALLENGER,HOPE DODGE KEEP IT SPECIAL,LIMITED EDITION, A CAR CANT BE EVERYTHING,AND I THINK DODGE IS WELL ON ITS WAY TO RECLAIM THIER PAST GLORY THE HEMI CUDA CHALLENGER

CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHERS! [sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif] Thanks again Mr.Wzrd!

Old 01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

god you hate American cars other then the viper.
Not true. Credit is given where it's deserved. How many real common American brands are there? Ford, Chevy, Dodge, ~Chrysler, Saleen. Ford and Chevy are an automatic elimination Nick, you know that. Saleen gets some props minus the Ford engine. That leaves Dodge and Chrysler. The Ram is great, Viper, Magnum, Caravan, 300, Crossfire and Sprinter. Out of a boat load of American cars, only a handful of them are exceptional. Lets travel over to Europe. BMW...all are great, same with Benz. That's atleast 30+ vehicles right there. Then there's Pagani, Porsche, Maybach, Peugot, ect...easily making up over 100 cars compared to the US's 7ish.

Some of you guys simply aren't comprehending the point of this thread. It's mearly to hope that Dodge doesn't mess up a masterpiece, an icon. It's not about Ameribashing. It wouldn't make sense if you were bright enough.

"f*ck the bull**** consumers reports."
+ 1
Consumer reports actually gives hits to quite a few of the better brands, Dodge for example, and rant on about how the Japanese are the ferior ones. Consumer reports are worthless...

-Matt-

Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS
Not true. Credit is given where it's deserved. How many real common American brands are there? Ford, Chevy, Dodge, ~Chrysler, Saleen. Ford and Chevy are an automatic elimination Nick, you know that. Saleen gets some props minus the Ford engine. That leaves Dodge and Chrysler. The Ram is great, Viper, Magnum, Caravan, 300, Crossfire and Sprinter. Out of a boat load of American cars, only a handful of them are exceptional. Lets travel over to Europe. BMW...all are great, same with Benz. That's atleast 30+ vehicles right there. Then there's Pagani, Porsche, Maybach, Peugot, ect...easily making up over 100 cars compared to the US's 7ish.

Some of you guys simply aren't comprehending the point of this thread. It's mearly to hope that Dodge doesn't mess up a masterpiece, an icon. It's not about Ameribashing. It wouldn't make sense if you were bright enough.

no ford and gm aren't an automatic elimination. gm makes some great vehicles, and ford make some vehicles that i may not like, but are still good American cars. if you give credit where it is deserved, where is the charger and all the other great DCX products. where is the corvette and g6 and gto and sts, cts, xlr solstice and all the other great GM products. where is the explorer, fusion, Lincoln LS, navigator and the other un****ty ford models. you aren't giving credit where it is deserved. BMW's are over rated and not all Mercedes cars are good. we make great cars they are just seriously defaced by ***got *** bitches like consumers reports, and even though you might not like them, you definitely share some of there views. porches and maybachs are fugly. Peugeot is garbage. you are trying to compare the US to the rest of the world which is huge. i like the accord. so what. i give credit where it is deserved. the new civic is pretty cool too. but scion is worse then the piles of elephant **** the people at the zoo has to clean up.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

you aren't giving credit where it is deserved
AHAHAHA!! Fusion? Explorer? Please Nick, you're making me gag here! Seriously

They had great sales... back in the day. Now most are average outdated boring vehicles. The Explorer looks the same as it did 15 years ago, the Fusion is just an overpriced 500 with a nice front, the Navigator was cool like 5 years ago...but I did forget the Vette and CTS.

But anyways, stay ontopic and quit hijacking people's threads with personal remarks toward me and others. First off it's childish, second we're not talking about imports, third it just comes down to opinion...

-Matt-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...