Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:38 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

just like they did the Charger? I mean the SRT Charger loses versus the Mustang GT quarter mile/0-60 and I believe it's the same with the V6's. (So what if it has 4 doors, it still loses.) Would Ford be able to throw a few more horses under the hood for less and still be the champ over the Challenger stock v stock, or do you think the Challenger will dominate?

-Matt-

Old 01-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Latemodel2006
Default RE: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...

This is Dodge's way into the simple man muscle car market, it is gonna rule.

Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why all the negative waves man! The name is Challenger but I think it'll be "CHAMPION" once it hits the streets. DCX is not going to go to all this effort to release a loser. I've said it before, I think we're all going to be surprised by this cars capabilities. Keep the faith Matt!

Old 01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I'd be lying if I didnt say I shared your opinion Matt. The way they screwed up the Charger, despite the fact that it is an awesome performance car.....and the way they've managed to kill off all the "cool" cars that DCX has had....its really worrying me.

The Challenger could be one of the top selling cars for DCX easily. I like the styling, even though it needs a lil more refinement. I like the performance, but I'm not sold on that dash....

I'll be looking forward to this car....as it could really put some spice in the muscle car wars again......but that all depends on DCX.

If this car makes it to production as is....I'd back it 150%

Old 01-22-2006, 05:21 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i feel that the only way that they can "screw it up" (shy of completely changing the car) would be to price it almost as a super car....if they even tickle the 45-50 grand area, they will have blown it. you can get a slightly used viper for that...or a new vette...as much as i think this car is awesome, i dont think that its worth that kind of money. i think that there are actually ways to better this car, without changing almost nothing for one, on the "entry level", ditch the carbon fiber and the wheels. make it like a super bee; a factory performance model. but still offer the big wheels and the carbon fiber for those who want a little more "bling"...this would allow them to drop the price a bit for those who just want to get into the car.

Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

I agree. I believe they will build it, just hope they don't shy away from components as they get into production and lose the essence of the car. If the retro interior is dumbed down to a Magnum version, the 6 speed bites the dust or the 6.1 is dropped to 5.7 and functional scoop die as well, then it will not sell near as well. And I will give up on DC.

As for stock vs. stock against the stang, if they build it, and plop 3:55 gears or greater instead of 3:06s this thing is going rip a stang and be plenty for even the Shelby GT 500.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:13 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mustang is already well established and looking to have a Shelby GT500 version running between 450-500 horsepower and according to the estimated pig weight of the Challenger, SRT version or not the Mustang will have the better performance unless Dodge steps up and does them one better. As far as the mid level versions such as the GT and the R/T it will be closer as long as Ford keeps the GT at 300 horsepower, since the heavier Dodge in R/T form will most likely get the 5.7L Hemi, instead of the concepts 6.1L Hemi at 425 horsepower, with it's 345 horsepower simply making it about even. The power and performance is just as important as the look and style is in this type of car and it has to beat out the competition if they expect it to really take over this market. They've already shown that they have the look and style to do it, now they simply need to get the power and performance to do it as well, not to mention making it very responsive to modifications as well as having tons of good affordable mods available to do it.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: deranged

Why all the negative waves man! The name is Challenger but I think it'll be "CHAMPION" once it hits the streets. DCX is not going to go to all this effort to release a loser. I've said it before, I think we're all going to be surprised by this cars capabilities. Keep the faith Matt!
I agree. I love the enthusiasm you show Matt... [&:] Negative thoughts are never good...

Old 01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that even with a 4.7L, it is a damn fine looking car..and id like to have one..but more hp is always better...

Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Well, DCX has some time to decide what they're going to do, let's hope they listen to the "common man" or at least drop by DF from time to time!!!!!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: Do you think Dodge will screw up the Challenger...