DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   Mopar CAI & Superchips on the way!! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/100392-mopar-cai-and-superchips-on-the-way.html)

Rugby Lock 04-01-2007 05:42 PM

Mopar CAI & Superchips on the way!!

Massively geeked about this maties! Got em both on ebay for a total of $550 shipped! For those of you that have them how long were the installs and how much performance gain did you notice from them. Now I just got to start saving for the JBA headers & mid-pipes!

MangoInTX 04-01-2007 08:10 PM

RE: Mopar CAI & Superchips on the way!!

Good to hear. The Mopar CAI is a bit more entailed than others but after about 45 minutes to an hour you’re going to be riding around with your CAI/SC tune and a big grin.

HP gains will be minimal but you’re setting up the back end (headers/HF CATs). The SC will tighten up the shifting and extend the rev limiter so the RPM will go up to 6K or sobefore ashift.

Rugby Lock 04-01-2007 08:46 PM

Coolio! I'm really looking forward to it. Ordered the 180 deg Tstat as well. Figured since I was giong to be under the hood with the cai I might as well change the tstat based on comments people have made here.

Rugby Lock 04-03-2007 02:13 PM

Well, the SC tuner is waiting for me at the post office so I'm going to go get it in a few hours. One question is that if I decide to go with the 91 tune should I wait until I refill the tank?

MangoInTX 04-03-2007 03:23 PM

I fill up w/89 every now and then never had issues. Go for it! :D

Rugby Lock 04-03-2007 03:52 PM

Cool! Thanks Mango! I'll do it! ::D

topbanna3767 04-04-2007 07:53 PM

hi guys ive got good news and better news.swaped out my kn filter and swaped in an afe stage 2 cold air intake for the ride.noticed a big improvement i highly recomend it to everyone.i also saw i face off for teh superchip tuner that some people did a dyno and gas wise there was no difference in performeance between 89 and 91 so save the pennys and use the 89 .

Rugby Lock 04-04-2007 09:58 PM

thanks for the info! Kinda bummed as my CAI isn't due to show up till next week... ah well...

Rugby Lock 04-05-2007 02:23 AM

Ok, I did the tune this afternoon and it's pretty cool. The throttle response seems much better and it seems to pull harder... or that could all be in my head :eek:
One thing I do notice is that it seems to surge when at a stop light. Like when you just let off the brake a bit then put it back on. Anyone else get that? Any ideas?

Rugby Lock 04-08-2007 08:35 PM

anyone have any ideas?