Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Disable Auto heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM
02ebz06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Auto heated seats?

Hello,

I have a 2011 Charger R/T and was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the auto heated seats.
My car is kept in a garage and as soon as I pull out in cold temps the darn heated seat turns on. Why on earth did they think heated seats should be controlled by the temp outside the car? Even if they put it on low that wouldn't be so bad but high is very uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure I know when I want the heated seat turned on a lot better than some designer in Detroit. Done ranting...
I went through all the menus on the console and the one part about the seats was grayed out.
Is there some way I didn't see, or do I have to take it to dealer, or just unplug it?

Thanks

Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM
adriatik.n

From what I read, the heated seats are tied to the heated mirrors and rear defroster (and the remote start if you check the option on uConnect). I don't think there's a way to disable them unless you have access to the service menus on the UConnect (like I've seen on some navi upgrade videos on ytube). Not sure if there's a safe-legal way to access these menus, but from what I've seen, they list a ton of options that are otherwise hidden.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Addy

Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM
02ebz06

Thanks for the reply.
I guess I'll have to ask the Dealer if they can do it.

Quick Reply: Disable Auto heated seats?