Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Loghead
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

Well "done"(no pun intended), your post really surprises me very little, since you've seen fit to criticise me for having anything but a muted opinion about anything, while Sir Nick, as I've discovered, has uttered in many of his thousands of posts, that all "old" cars are ugly, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either old or stupid.

Somehow I doubt that you would find my pointing out which calendar year it actually is to be "trash", so I'll address the part that I took great mirth in typing.
Who can ignore the bizarre fashion sense of today's youth?
When I see a kid or young (chronological) adult looking like they slept in a Salvation Army bin and got dressed in there, and think that it looks good,
I think we can put their aesthetic sense into some perspective.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:20 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Sir Nick, as I've discovered, has uttered in many of his thousands of posts, that all "old" cars are ugly, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either old or stupid.
Hmmm. I agree old cars are ugly, but that doesn't make anyone stupid. It's just a difference in what time period you were born in and what vehicles you grew up with.

Who can ignore the bizarre fashion sense of today's youth?
That has nothing to do with suggestions on the Charger. Kids these days want to stick out for some reason, thus the fashion fads.

fit to criticise me for having anything
Chill out people, Log head and Done, everyone has opinions... that doesn't make them right or wrong.

-Matt-

Old 05-21-2005, 06:29 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

yea exactly what matt said, chill out u guys

me and nick are clsoe in age, and differ on some opinions, but we dont talk **** to each other, why? because we respect each others opinions

and im "under 35" i wear my hat a bit off to the side, and i have slightly baggy pants but whats that have to do with opinions on cars? absolutly nothing

so are you "over 35" wear suspenders, walk with a cane, and drive stairing out the window with your jaw down? i bought you do, but i can make assumpotions about age juss as you do

Old 05-22-2005, 03:25 AM
done
Rookie

I would like to point out that I did not criticize Loghead's age, intelligence, appearance, style of dress or the car he drives.

In fact, he writes a well ordered post with good spelling and grammar.

I just find his "over the top" ranting to be annoying.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Loghead

I'm not finished.

"he probably drives a 1930 piece of ford. stop living in the past loghead. if you haven't noticed it is 2006, and old cars cant compare to today's beauty. "

It's 2006?

What time zone are you in?

Today's beauty?

I looked around at some of your posts on other threads and in certain cases, you made reference to your age (less than 35), so I in light of the probability that you think it's attractive to:

1) Wear a baseball cap somewhere between sideways and backwards.

2) Wear pants that take twice as much fabric as mine do, but still can't seem to cover your backside.

3) Have enough metal objects protruding from your nose, tongue, lips and eyebrows that you resemble a trophy bass on ESPN as it's being hauled into a
boat by a fisherman (who's over 35).

I'll consider the source.

Now I'm finished.
You complain about personal attaks, and then you do it towards Nick.

I am 20, I wear my hat straight, I wear stylish pants, I have NO peircings. Because I'm young, I'm supposed to be doing all the things you stated. LOL You're funny!

Old 05-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Loghead
Amateur

I am 20, I wear my hat straight, I wear stylish pants, I have NO peircings. Because I'm young, I'm supposed to be doing all the things you stated. LOL You're funny!

Good for you.
Please read that post again, where I said it was a probability (as opposed to a fact) that this is how Nick presents himself. It's not a personal slam, just an observation about the majority of today's youth and how it relates to their sense of style, and their sense of automotive beauty, and it's not to say that everyone under 35 hates old cars.
I've had quite few more birthdays than 35, and I admire cars of both eras. I like retro styling, but I don't require it, and I don't feel that the Charger needed to rely on retro to the degree that the Mustang does...but, a few more visual cues, blending the beauty of the old Charger with the beauty and sleekness of the LH/LHS would have been much better.

Of, course reserving the iconic power of a retro name like "Charger" for a car more befitting the name, and naming this car something else (Magnum sedan...R/T...even a Super Bee version anyone?) would have been a more palatable choice, along with a more palatable attitude from DC.

Quick Reply: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.