Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

142 mph???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 142 mph???!!!

That is all the faster I could get my car to go before the damn limiter hit. I thought it was a 167 for some reason. (I just assumed that as well, never read anything). And I needed to go faster today!!!!!

STORY:

Driving on Alligator Alley a Red SRT Charger comes flying up on me doing about 100 mph. I was doing 80 mph. He slowed slightly, then hit the gas and passed me. I couldn't do anything as I was on the phone and did not want to get into anything while I was on the phone.

5 minutes later, I get off the phone, switch lanes and see that he is about a mile or so ahead of me. I hammer it to 120 and catch up to him. I slowly start looking at the car by pulling up beside it and then pulling a little behind it. I could not tell what year it was as he had all the lights replaced, aftermarket exhaust and custom badging. The only reason I knew it was a SRT was the SRT grill badge was still there.

Anyway, I was sitting on his back quarter panel. As we crested the mini hill and could see for 10 miles that there was no COPS or any cars, he stomps it and I am right with him. We were rolling at 80 mph, I stayed even at he spot up until 125. This is when he slowly started to pull on me. By the time I hit 140 and the limiter started to buck my car, he was about 1 car length in front and he kept going. I was so pissed. He stayed on it and I could not do anything about it.....

So now I really don't feel bad at all about getting the R/T over the SRT. My car handled just fine against it and I had a full tank of gas, my spare and jack plus a 2 ton hydro jack, plus all my kids toys and car seat.

TIME TO GET A PREDATOR!!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L and R Two
TIME TO GET A PREDATOR!!!!!
Good story! It is time you get one of them Predators

The stock RTs are limited to 145ish which you have found. I believe the SRT8s are around 160ish stock.

Last edited by MangoInTX; 07-30-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehehe, nice run.... my GTP is limited at 149mph...so to be honest, that's really not bad at all...

Nothing to be ashamed of...you ran almost neck and neck with an SRT-8 despite the additional 80hp difference (which really only shows up on a 1/4 mile track)