Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Need help with brake bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Mrwray
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with brake bleeding

I had to take off my front driver caliper off while working on my 06 charger R/T. When bleeding it back I had my wife hold the pressure on the brake pedal while I loosened the bleeding nipple screw on the top of the caliper to release the air. I repeated this process 4 different times. Brakes work fine,"can still feel a lil air when braking" and now the ABS,ESP/BAS, and ESP icon,"the car slipping icon" lights r on and won't go off. They will go off for a few seconds but come right back on. Wat do I need to do?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Check behind the both front wheels and make sure you didn't accidently disconnect or loosen the clip for ESP wire.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Mrwray
Rookie

Originally Posted by POWER SEDAN
Check behind the both front wheels and make sure you didn't accidently disconnect or loosen the clip for ESP wire.
I will b sure to check tht, I cant seem to get 100% of the air out of the line. Could this b triggering the trouble lights? If so wat am I doing wrong. My wife holds the pedal to the floor as I loosen the bleeding nipple? She doesn't let off until I tighten the nipple back and tell her to let off. I've repeated the process a few times but still has tht feeling in the pedal like air is still there

Quick Reply: Need help with brake bleeding