Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

driver side power window switches

Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 AM
angelr3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side power window switches

My window switch on my driver's side door of my 2006 Charger has started to fall into the door panel. Has anyone ever removed their switch. It looks like the panel around the switch removes, but I don't want to damage any of plastic. I imagine there is some sort of clasp that holds the switches in place. Any help would be great! Thanks

Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly, you have to pop out the whole assembly that contains all the switches. Then you can access the individual switches and to check wiring connections.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 AM
06Daytona2289
Default Same problem with control panel

Angelr3, were you able to fix the control panel? I have a same problem. I attempted to fix it myself according to the repair manual, which suggests removing the entire door panel. Well that isn't as easy as said. Once I got the door panel loose, I was afraid of doing more damage by forcing the panel away from the door. There seems to be a connector that's not visible, so stopped at that point. I then decided to took the car to the dealer. They wanted to sell me the complete control module at a cost of over $300.00. Needless to say, it's still falling through / down the panel.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:09 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You can probably fix it, but you will have to take the whole door panel off and rig it. The slots that the master switch lock into are either broken or stretched out. Unfortunately that "saddle" is part on the door panel.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM
06Daytona2289

Thanks TNTech. Any special tools that would help with the door panel removal? I'm hesistant about tugging on the panel after removing the screws and push pins, for fear of breaking some hidden connectors.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Daytona2289
Thanks TNTech. Any special tools that would help with the door panel removal? I'm hesistant about tugging on the panel after removing the screws and push pins, for fear of breaking some hidden connectors.
There are no hiddent connectors. As long as u removed all the screw shown in the service manual (I believe there is 1 behind release handle, and i behind grab handle, and some at bottom), U are safe to pull the door panel out with starting from the bottom, and lift upward after all the clips pop. then u disconnect the rods for the pull handles, and connectors for the switch.

Tho, U might break some of the plastic clips. and Some clips will comes off the panel, and you will need to remove it from the door afterward.

stick a knife in the bottom corner, Slide ur fingers in there, and brute force is the trick.
Just never lay the door panel's outward surface on the floor, it will scratch.

Last edited by steak59; 08-11-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: driver side power window switches