Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Wolf91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Some Help

So my parents bought me a new 2011 charger while I was overseas. Note in your head that this money came from my bank and not theirs - wouldn't want y'all thinking I'm a spoiled little brat like the rest of the people my age. Any ways, I love the car but I would like to make it a little different from the rest of them by installing a new exhaust system. I want to make this thing sound great. Some guy that I happen to work alongside of had some type of flowmaster exhaust system in his vehicle. Now it didn't make the pop-corn noise that I hate so much so I started looking into this type of brand a little bit. I'm not a car expert by no means so I would like to know what I need to purchase to get my car to have a deep sounding purr without that popcorn bs whenever you give this thig some gas. As for my wallet, I don't really want to spend over 1.6k and if you could give me a couple of choices instead of one and say something about it that would be helpful as well.

Thank you to everyone that is willing to give me some advice. Videos would also be helpful too. Also, also, even if you may not be able to answer my question I am always willing to take your opinion/thoughts if you think some little upgrades here and there would make it run or even look nicer. Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for a full catback system if you can. Look at Magnaflow, Borla, or Corsa. Magnaflow will be a little more quiet than the others but also cheaper. The other 2 are going to give you a nice throaty tone when hittin the gas. As far as prices go, it will vary depending on where you are, who you order from, and who is going to install it. I would suggest looking around your local area first before ordering online.

Good luck on the purchase. Also look into a cold air intake at the same time. If you are going to allow more air out, you're gonna need more air to go in. This will help with the sound as well.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I was too cheap to get a good one myself but on your new ride...yeah I think I would. I am 5 years into my cheap cat back and it's rusting through at the flanges and I don't live in a salty area, so.....there ya go.

What were you overseas for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFPCE...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1DbEKFTurc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJPu...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XEU8c7HVgA&NR=1

Last edited by TNtech; 09-19-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Wolf91

Originally Posted by KRZY.BMET
Look for a full catback system if you can. Look at Magnaflow, Borla, or Corsa. Magnaflow will be a little more quiet than the others but also cheaper. The other 2 are going to give you a nice throaty tone when hittin the gas. As far as prices go, it will vary depending on where you are, who you order from, and who is going to install it. I would suggest looking around your local area first before ordering online.

Good luck on the purchase. Also look into a cold air intake at the same time. If you are going to allow more air out, you're gonna need more air to go in. This will help with the sound as well.
Ok, will do and thank you. I unfortunately live in Hawaii right now so I am assuming there isn't going to be much of a selection. Though I will defiantly start looking more around the island as soon as my car comes in from the mainland.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Wolf91

Originally Posted by TNtech
I was too cheap to get a good one myself but on your new ride...yeah I think I would. I am 5 years into my cheap cat back and it's rusting through at the flanges and I don't live in a salty area, so.....there ya go.

What were you overseas for?
Wow really that sucks and I was overseas for business. Thanks for the videos too.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
sportcjd

A customer of ours put a SLP exhaust system on his 08 SRT and it sounds sick!!

Last edited by KRZY.BMET; 11-03-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Link to nonvendor site