DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   2011 SE questions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/336092-2011-se-questions.html)

furiousgeorge 09-08-2012 10:45 AM

2011 SE questions

Hello, I picked up a used 2011 in March, and it's been a great car for me so far! I just have a few questions and issues I was wondering if anyone els has as well. It has the v6.

1- there is a rubbing/squeaking sound that seems to come from the passenger side dash abouts where the airbag is (above the glovebox)? If my wife pushes there, it seems to stop? So far as I know, it's never been in an accident.

2- maybe twice a month, when I go to start, it just cycles to the acc on the button, hit it again (with brakes on the whole time) and it goes to run, hit it again and it starts, but the ABS light, traction light and the red ! light are all on, cruise won't work and traction can't be turned off. after a 5 or so minutes of driving, theres a faint click, and it all goes back to normal?

3- allthough I like the sound of the exhaust when I open it up, has anyone put a glasspac or bottle on the v6? how does it sound? I'd like a bit deeper, louder sound, but not crazy.

4- the car has some type of "gas mileage inhancing" tires or it (they're name brand, but I can't remember off the top of my head), the rears for some reason are going fairly bald (not to sure why :icon_naughty:), so I'm probibly going to change out the 4 of them. Do the gas savers actually do anything? I drive 90 kms a day to work and back, and like to get maximum mpg, but not so much on days off, then I like to drive the crap out of it!

5- I've poked around a bit, and haven't really found anything yet, but what are some basic mods I can do to inhance power without greatly impacting the drivability? I'd love to say I'm over the 300 mark.

6- my car is brilliant black, and scratches if the breeze comes up, what is a good way to help make it more resistant to scratches?

7- how much faith should I put in the oil change monitor? I got it serviced, then the change oil warning came on maybe 3000 kms later. I somewhat recall that the recomended interval is 8000 kms (though I'd do it at 5000 kms like everything els anyways)? What type of oil does everyone use for this engine? I just tell them (a Dodge dealer) to put in whatever is recomended by them.

8- and lastly, once in a while, when I close the trunk, it just pops right back up again? it'll keep doing it until I jiggle the emergancy latch handle on the inside? It seems really loose.

That's all! Sorry it's so much, but I figured it was best to have it all in one post then a bunch of seperate ones. I have to make an appointment at the "local" Dodge dealer to have a few recalls and service bullitins done (one for door handle replacement, the other a wire harness and fuse replacement, and some programming stuff I guess), so I plan to bring up most of these to them as well. I just figured that I'd ask and have that much more info to work with when I get there.

Thanks!

DodgeCACares 09-13-2012 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by furiousgeorge (Post 2863457)
Hello, I picked up a used 2011 in March, and it's been a great car for me so far! I just have a few questions and issues I was wondering if anyone els has as well. It has the v6.

1- there is a rubbing/squeaking sound that seems to come from the passenger side dash abouts where the airbag is (above the glovebox)? If my wife pushes there, it seems to stop? So far as I know, it's never been in an accident.

2- maybe twice a month, when I go to start, it just cycles to the acc on the button, hit it again (with brakes on the whole time) and it goes to run, hit it again and it starts, but the ABS light, traction light and the red ! light are all on, cruise won't work and traction can't be turned off. after a 5 or so minutes of driving, theres a faint click, and it all goes back to normal?

3- allthough I like the sound of the exhaust when I open it up, has anyone put a glasspac or bottle on the v6? how does it sound? I'd like a bit deeper, louder sound, but not crazy.

4- the car has some type of "gas mileage inhancing" tires or it (they're name brand, but I can't remember off the top of my head), the rears for some reason are going fairly bald (not to sure why :icon_naughty:), so I'm probibly going to change out the 4 of them. Do the gas savers actually do anything? I drive 90 kms a day to work and back, and like to get maximum mpg, but not so much on days off, then I like to drive the crap out of it!

5- I've poked around a bit, and haven't really found anything yet, but what are some basic mods I can do to inhance power without greatly impacting the drivability? I'd love to say I'm over the 300 mark.

6- my car is brilliant black, and scratches if the breeze comes up, what is a good way to help make it more resistant to scratches?

7- how much faith should I put in the oil change monitor? I got it serviced, then the change oil warning came on maybe 3000 kms later. I somewhat recall that the recomended interval is 8000 kms (though I'd do it at 5000 kms like everything els anyways)? What type of oil does everyone use for this engine? I just tell them (a Dodge dealer) to put in whatever is recomended by them.

8- and lastly, once in a while, when I close the trunk, it just pops right back up again? it'll keep doing it until I jiggle the emergancy latch handle on the inside? It seems really loose.

That's all! Sorry it's so much, but I figured it was best to have it all in one post then a bunch of seperate ones. I have to make an appointment at the "local" Dodge dealer to have a few recalls and service bullitins done (one for door handle replacement, the other a wire harness and fuse replacement, and some programming stuff I guess), so I plan to bring up most of these to them as well. I just figured that I'd ask and have that much more info to work with when I get there.

Thanks!

furiousgeorge,

You're doing the right thing by going to your Dodge dealer, after a hands on diagnosis is completed they will be able to provide you with the most accurate answers to your inquiries.

If you are seeking additional assistance, afterwards, feel free to PM me.

furiousgeorge 09-13-2012 06:51 PM

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

firemnfrank 09-18-2012 10:38 PM

wow that is a lot of issues for a new car, let us know what you find out, i like the charger very much and had an 06 with the 3.5 with 143,000 miles and figured the newer ones would be as good, so curios what they find

furiousgeorge 09-23-2012 02:11 PM

Ok, it it back from the dealer.
The squeaking wasn't looked into due to time constraints on my part.
The issue with starting being out of sequence, they couldn't duplicate the problem, and there were no trouble codes, perhaps one of the program updates they did will help?
The very easily scratched paint (which is worse now that a goat claimed the trunk), they said it is what it is, all black paints scratch that easy.
The trunk inside latch had a loose bolt and was shaking itself apart.
The directional arrows on the steering wheel are very slow to respond, the up one hardly works at all. Program update helped, but will need new buttons if it gets no better, which is isn't.
Any advice on exhaust/performance for the 3.6?