Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Alternator connector and wires to the connector

Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 PM
b_wood00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator connector and wires to the connector

The connector to my alternator seems to have burned up, and maybe it's because of what seems to be the wires to that connection fusing together.
I went to the junkyard today, found a 5.7L charger similar to mine and cut off a piece of the wiring harness that i needed. I noticed that the wires to that piece are different colors than the wiring going to the alternator connector on my vehicle. As I understand, they are better referred to as piglets. The piglets(wires) to the alternator on my car are both white while the piglets to the connector that i got from the junkyard are red and black.
My question is, if i were to splice and replace the piece i need, would the different colors in wiring cause any problems to my electrical system?? Or would just making sure that i link the two hot ends and the two grounds correctly suffice??

Please Advise, Anyone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternator connector and wires to the connector