Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

08 Charger Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM
FangsDemon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Charger Headlight Issue

Hello, My girlfriend has recently been having issues with the headlights on her car, to where after she turns the car off the headlights (tail lights stay off) come on and stay on until you unlock the car and turn the headlight switch on then back off. after that the lights stay off. and ideas on the cause or a possible fix? it is a 2008 Charger SXT with the 3.5L it does not have DRL, fog/driving lights or automatic headlights and only happens at night regardless of how the area is lit.

Side note: she said that she timed it one night and got tired of waiting after roughly 15 minutes.

thanks to anyone that helps.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM
1ATony
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FangsDemon
Hello, My girlfriend has recently been having issues with the headlights on her car, to where after she turns the car off the headlights (tail lights stay off) come on and stay on until you unlock the car and turn the headlight switch on then back off. after that the lights stay off. and ideas on the cause or a possible fix? it is a 2008 Charger SXT with the 3.5L it does not have DRL, fog/driving lights or automatic headlights and only happens at night regardless of how the area is lit.

Side note: she said that she timed it one night and got tired of waiting after roughly 15 minutes.

thanks to anyone that helps.
It could be a headlight switch going bad.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM
FangsDemon

If it is the headlight switch, would it be hard to replace? and we would like to add driving or fog lights to her car, would we be able to upgrade the switch to make it compatible? (when I was under her car doing an oil change, I saw that it already had the wiring present)

Quick Reply: 08 Charger Headlight Issue