DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   06 Charger oil light problem (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/385990-06-charger-oil-light-problem.html)

bobbyo 04-09-2015 01:24 PM

06 Charger oil light problem

I have a 2006 charger with a 5.7 liter hemi. Last month engine light came on saying I needed a oil pressure sensor. I put one in. The engine light stayed on. A PO522 code came up, which is low pressure. I was told not to use an after market sensor. So I got a sensor from a Dodge Dealer an installed that one. The engine light went out. No more codes showed up, but the oil light is on now. I would appreciate any help I can get. Someone must have had this problem before. Thank You.

DodgeCACares 04-09-2015 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyo (Post 3239517)
I have a 2006 charger with a 5.7 liter hemi. Last month engine light came on saying I needed a oil pressure sensor. I put one in. The engine light stayed on. A PO522 code came up, which is low pressure. I was told not to use an after market sensor. So I got a sensor from a Dodge Dealer an installed that one. The engine light went out. No more codes showed up, but the oil light is on now. I would appreciate any help I can get. Someone must have had this problem before. Thank You.

bobbyo,

Which oil light is illuminated? Is it the Oil Pressure Warning Light? The Change Engine Oil indicator?

jkeaton 04-09-2015 02:18 PM

Yes ^^ Which oil light is on?

bobbyo 04-09-2015 02:56 PM

It's the little red oil container or whatever, that has a drip of oil coming out of it.

DodgeCACares 04-09-2015 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyo (Post 3239528)
It's the little red oil container or whatever, that has a drip of oil coming out of it.

bobbyo,

That is the Oil Pressure Warning Light. As per the owner's manual:

This light shows low engine oil pressure. The light should turn on momentarily when the engine is started. If the light turns on while driving,
stop the vehicle, and shut off the engine as soon as possible. A single chime will sound when this light turns on.

Do not operate the vehicle until the cause is corrected.
This light does not show how much oil is in the engine.

It is recommended that the oil level be checked.

How long has the light been on?

HemiLonestar 04-10-2015 08:54 AM

I had the sensor problem (got the code and psi pegged out at 99 on the EVIC), but once I replaced it all was good.

bobbyo 04-10-2015 09:05 AM

I replaced the sensor. The engine light went out and the oil light went on. The oil is full to the mark on the dipstick. what else could it be?

DodgeCACares 04-10-2015 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by bobbyo (Post 3239645)
I replaced the sensor. The engine light went out and the oil light went on. The oil is full to the mark on the dipstick. what else could it be?

bobbyo,

Has the PO522 code returned? Or are there any other codes set with the oil pressure light?

bobbyo 04-10-2015 11:03 AM

06 charger oil light

There are no codes showing at all.

TNtech 04-10-2015 12:24 PM

I you have an OIL LIGHT, the sensor should be a single wire and not even set a P0522 code.

Did someone put a salvage yard cluster, PCM or front control module in your Charger?