Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

TCC Solenoid issue

Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 PM
olliver434
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TCC Solenoid issue

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger SXT with 130k miles on it, a few days ago I was driving it when all of a sudden the car was no longer giving power when I stepped on the pedal. I found it odd but I didnt think much of it at the moment. I park the car, run my errand and come back to it. The car started fine but when I switched to Reverse it gave a hard jerk-something its never done before, and wouldnt go past 0.5 rpm or 5mph. It revs fine on Neutral. I borrowed a code reader from the autoparts store and it gave off this code
P0743 Torque Control Clutch Solenoid Circuit Electrical.

From what ive gathered it looks like I just have to change the wires on the TCC? What do you guys think? It jerks on every gear switch btw.

Edit: Im not so sure its a simple wire change anymore. At any case, where would the TCC solenoid be located at in a Charger? Ive looked all over the internet and I cant find a single diagram specific to a charger

Last edited by olliver434; 03-18-2017 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 AM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could be the cabling but the solenoid coil is most likely toast.

Here is a shot of it from Rock auto. They may need to drop your trans pan to get to it.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 AM
olliver434
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, do you think id be able to replace it myself, or should I not risk it and just take it to a mechanic? Ive done a couple repairs to the car on my own but ive never messed with the transmission.

Also if the solenoid is toast, would it be visibly obvious? Id prefer to take a look at it before buying parts. Thanks again

Old 03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some quotes. Ask a trans shop about it. I don't know MOPAR trans much but my GM has them and the harness inside.
Dropping the pan is messy and tight under there.

They may know other precautions to take like changing other known wear items while in there such as other solenoids.

Search this Thread