Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger 5.7 Hemi Ticking Noise

Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 PM
charger1985
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Charger 5.7 Hemi Ticking Noise

Hello guys.

I tried at several times find any thread regarding my problem but didn't find any (or at least similar), so i'm posting a new one.
I bought a Charger R/T 5.7 v8 HEMI in Ohio and i live in Massachusetts. The car has less than 80k miles on it and i figured out it would be a good deal (by the age of the car).
Turns out that one friend of mine that knows some mechanic thing, noticed a noise that increased with time. I went to the dodge and they made a diagnosis that the camshaft and the lifters had to be replaced. the only problem is that i signed a paper where it says "as is". The dealer don't want to get the car back and the Warranty don't want to cover telling that was a a pre existing problem in the car and they wouldn't cover.
According to the video my concern is if i can still drive the car because one mechanic told me that i could if it was just the lifters and if not, if someone could recommend a mechanic in MA that could do the repair and could give a warranty in the service. Considering that i have spent all my savings on the down payment for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8us8...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-07-2017, 10:53 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like an exhaust leak

Old 11-13-2017, 08:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah that's internal engine. I wouldn't drive it until it gets fixed. Sounds like a single knock, so probably not lower end. Let's hope not anyway.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-13-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Search this Thread