Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 Dodge Charger oil leak

Old 01-15-2018, 01:33 PM
AlamoIlliniRx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Dodge Charger oil leak

i purchased a used 2014 Dodge Charger w V6 engine and approx. 35K miles on February 2017...at the time i noticed a small oil leak based upon oil drippings on my garage floor.....the leak has progressively become worse now with 52K miles...today, 1/15/2018 i brought into dealer and i am assuming is covered by my MOPAR warranty which covers "bumper-to-bumper" for 100,000 miles.....am i assuming correctly??

Old 01-15-2018, 01:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

That would be a question to ask your dealer since you are there.

Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36,000 miles. Powertrain might cover it, but, again, need to ask the dealer or read the fine print in your warranty book as to if the warranty transfers with ownership.

Never assume anything when it comes to covered repairs and your warranty.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-15-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 PM
AlamoIlliniRx

Thanks for the reply.....actually i have an extended warranty...MOPAR 7/100 CERTIFIED MAXIMUM CARE. EFFECTIVE: 01/30/2014, EXPIRES: 01/30/2021 OR 100,000 MI....furthermore i did check the contract and this it what is says about the gasoline engine....GASOLINE ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Case, Timing Chain, Timing Belt, Gears and Sprockets; Variable Valve Timing Solenoids and Actuators; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump, Water Pump and Housing; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Flywheel with Starter Ring Gear; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Oil Filter Adapter Housing;Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator; Supercharger; Fuel Injectors (excluding clogged injectors); Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.

based upon the above contract language i think i will be covered...w $ 100 deductible.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Sounds like it should be. Good luck!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:35 PM
AlamoIlliniRx

need all the luck i can get....most of my luck with automobiles has been bad...hopefully this repair experience wont be.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:39 PM
AlamoIlliniRx

what i found interesting, in a bad news way, was that when i pulled my car into the dealership here in SATXUSA....first question was " are you covered by extended warranty?"...and next statement was "your vehicle diagnosis may take 3-4 days..."....incredible....i think we are suffering from shortage of dealerships and warranty repair centers.....auto industry still is not focused on the customer, but is focused on their profits...3-4 days, just for a diagnosis???...and of course no rental covered when a diagnosis.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AlamoIlliniRx
what i found interesting, in a bad news way, was that when i pulled my car into the dealership here in SATXUSA....first question was " are you covered by extended warranty?"...and next statement was "your vehicle diagnosis may take 3-4 days..."....incredible....i think we are suffering from shortage of dealerships and warranty repair centers.....auto industry still is not focused on the customer, but is focused on their profits...3-4 days, just for a diagnosis???...and of course no rental covered when a diagnosis.

LOL...well that was pretty blatant. I guess they're not ashamed to put warranty repairs behind customer pay repairs. Good for them.....I guess? FYI, warranty repairs don't pay jack. Long, complicated story we should tell y'all some day.

Shortage of Techs. Trust me. It's Bad.... What city are you in BTW ??

Old 01-15-2018, 04:40 PM
AlamoIlliniRx

San Antonio, Texas USA

Old 01-15-2018, 04:45 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

We've been looking for an experienced Dodge tech for TWO YEARS lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Dodge Charger oil leak