Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

HELP on ETC

Old 06-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Brett D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP on ETC

2010 3.5 6cyl. ETC LIte comes on sporadicly and can happen after one mile or 100 miles.Car starts to run like crap.Turn car off and runs fine until next incident.After a half year of this (dealer said it would have to happen in front of him to diagnose) now code 0507 came up.So I checked Throttle body and it was cklean.Changed PCV valve,still the same.Now wondering if I should buy a new TB or replace pedal travel sensor.HELP please

Last edited by Brett D; 06-20-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: add to question
Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

A P0507 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following:
A vacuum leak
Leaking air intake after the throttle body
GR valve leaking vacuum
A faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve
Damaged/failed/dirty throttle body
Failed EVAP system
Failed IAC (idle air controller) or faulty IAC circuit

Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Brett D

Originally Posted by Brett D
2010 3.5 6cyl. ETC LIte comes on sporadicly and can happen after one mile or 100 miles.Car starts to run like crap.Turn car off and runs fine until next incident.After a half year of this (dealer said it would have to happen in front of him to diagnose) now code 0507 came up.So I checked Throttle body and it was cklean.Changed PCV valve,still the same.Now wondering if I should buy a new TB or replace pedal travel sensor.HELP please
Thank you for reply.Not TB being dirty I cleaned and wasnt dirty at start.Have noticed more in the way of symptoms.Car idles too high,900 rpm.Start a/c and rpm drops.Shouldnt rpm go up to compensate for added load ? Should I replace TB or pedal travel sensor? Or replace IAC ?ESP lite also comes on.MIL light not onReally frustrating

Last edited by Brett D; 06-20-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: add to question
Old 06-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Brett D

OK I just wasted 260 bucks. Bought Throttle Body and put it on the car.Same thing,ETC lightning bolt flashing,Traction control light (car with squilles in yellow) is on and car Rpm increased to 1300.But no MIL (engine light) on. Can anyone help ?

Old 06-21-2018, 08:05 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Did you disconnect the battery when you changed the TB? PCM may need to 'learn' the new one..... Don't know if there is a specific procedure for that or not.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Brett D

No I didn't. I will go do it right now.I'm clutching at straws at the moment at my wit's end.The RPM is a little high so if reset doesnt work ,only thing I can think of now is a vacuum leak since rpm's are a little high.Ive seen on the forums people spray carb cleaner looking for a leak but i'm a little leary of doing that (I don't think it's good for any of the hoses etc). I need a different way to check for a leak.Ok going to try now,either way I appreciatere responded.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Brett D

Disconnected battery and tried.Seemed like it took longer for ETC light but now instead of limp mode it just stalled.Thank you for trying to help me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP on ETC