Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

'17 R/T Idling Funny

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Turbojimmy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '17 R/T Idling Funny

Hi all - wondering if anyone has experienced this. I've been driving my new-to-me 2017 Charger R/T for about 9 months now. It has 29k miles on it. Two days ago I was idling at a light and felt the car shudder. What's happening is when I roll to a stop, foot on brake and in gear, the idle will settle to around 600 RPM (which is smooth) and after a few seconds drop to 500 RPM which causes a noticeable shudder while it's idling. It will remain there until I accelerate again, and then do the same thing at the next stop. It does not do it in Park, and it doesn't do it all of the time - I'd say about 95% of the time. Only when warmed up and in both Sport and regular mode. It almost feels like a load is being put on the engine that it's not compensating for. Any ideas?

Old 12-07-2018, 09:19 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Should still be under factory warranty. Take it in.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Turbojimmy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Should still be under factory warranty. Take it in.
It is - I was just wondering if it was "normal." The climate control isn't adjusting for sun load properly either - it needs calibrated. I guess I'll bring it in!

Old 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojimmy
It is - I was just wondering if it was "normal." The climate control isn't adjusting for sun load properly either - it needs calibrated. I guess I'll bring it in!
Nope. Not normal.

Quick Reply: '17 R/T Idling Funny