Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2018 Charger Alignment (Toe Only, WHAT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:16 PM
rcbarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2018 Charger Alignment (Toe Only, WHAT)

So I put a set of Ferrada wheels on my car (opportunity) 245/45/20's on the front 295/40/20s on the back. Step 2, get alignment. Alignment guy saids, he can adjust Toe only, what???? Camber is out, front left, both rears, now what? Take it to Dodge, the car only has 16k miles on it, warranty right. Another surprise, bumper to bumper is not exactly bumper to bumper, this alignment thing comes under some kind of 12/12 agreement, surprise. Ok whatever, do the alignment (130 bucks), same stuff, camber out, better now but still out. OK, what do we need to do to fix it, need camber adjustment, go to parts, dodge does not provide parts to correct camber or castor, only option is subframe shift (omg).

Well we won't be doing a subframe shift. Enter SPC Performance, Front Control Arms w/Camber and Castor. Rear bushings for camber.

Now, where do you go to get these installed, laughing, fun, fun. Ask the guy, what is pre-loading the suspension mean, how much do you torque the control arm bolts (deer in the headlights, 66 lbs, but only after you have all the weight of the car on the suspension, then torque them (also after setting camber, caster, toe)).

What a mess. I have found a installer that will work with me and has the equipment to do it, but it was not easy finding someone.

Great Video on Install by Driveway Demons (on youtube).
Full install guide and review of the SPC adjustable upper control arms and rear camber/toe bushings. Get your alignment perfect on your Dodge Charger, Challenger or Chrysler 300! This also is correct for all Hellcats and LX Chrysler platforms including the Charger and Challenger Scat Packs, Challenger T/A. Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango will be different.

Opened a Case with Dodge, we will see what they say.

Quick Reply: 2018 Charger Alignment (Toe Only, WHAT)