Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Invoice?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:30 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invoice?

I've been looking at a new Charger to go with my turbo hemi Ram and Cuda. Not a lot of big rebates and incentives on the Charger (that I have seen). Anybody bought one recently and can tell me how the dealers have been with reducing the sticker price? 2k off? 8k off?

Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain
Default RE: Invoice?

I walked into the dealer and asked to see their dealer invoice and the salesman produced it ASAP no questions asked. It was 4k lower than the sticker. It was funny how the sticker option were slightly higher thatn the dealer invoice. It adds up on a loaded Daytona. I started negotiating on that price and we finally agreed on $1500 below their invoice. They even told me what the dealer holdback was and gave that to me too.

The only part of the deal was I HAD TO finance through them. So that is where they made money. Just keep going from dealer to dealer until someone will work off off the dealer invoice.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran

I tried to post an invoice on here once for someone.
If there is a way to attach a PDF file, I can post one for you.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

My car stickered for 37k and I got the car for 32500 w/ the $1000 give abck form Chrysler finance.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Good information. 5 to 6k off "sticker" so far.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

I also live in TX where trucks are the #1 selling vehicle so the Dodge Dealer will work with you to move the vehicle. I went the last day of the month to work my deal and believe it or not that DAY is the best to buy on. They are trying to make their numbers so the sales manager will work magic for you.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Lateral-G
Professional

Most dealers aren't giving that much off on the Daytonas since they are a premium car and don't have trouble selling them. The sticker on my TB Daytona was $36500. I got them down to $32K (including the $1K cashback thru Chrysler Financial). I traded in my '04 magnum r/t as well at the time so my out the door price was only $10K. I made one payment thru Chrysler then paid off the vehicle.

It's really hard to say how much you can get off. Prices and deals vary from region to region and even within the same metro areas. It all depends on how hungry the dealer is, what the market will bear and the demand. You may just have to shop around. Keep in mind that dealer invoice isn't always what the dealer paid. As a general rule the dealer pays about 20-25% less than the sticker price. Unless they are really desparate they're not going to sell the vehicle at their cost because they are still losing money. A fair dealer profit would be 7-10% over what they paid for the car. They will obviously want the most profit they can get so unless they are totally overstocked and not moving cars then you don't have much leverage.

Good luck on getting your Charger.

-G-

Old 06-23-2006, 07:41 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BigBananna3796of4000

I also live in TX where trucks are the #1 selling vehicle so the Dodge Dealer will work with you to move the vehicle. I went the last day of the month to work my deal and believe it or not that DAY is the best to buy on. They are trying to make their numbers so the sales manager will work magic for you.

Very true.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:51 PM
ArmyGuy

I just got an 06 Charger SXT (sunroof, 6 disk cd with the 275W stereo) about a month ago now. The sticker on it in the Cleveland, OH area was 27,600. I was able to get the dealer price on the vehicle almost immediately (23,900). I basically told the salesman that I was interested in the vehicle and the gas mileage for it. I also stated that I could afford the payments and the gas on the Ram Hemi that I had before. I was just looking around and wanted to see some options that were available to me, but was not in desperate need of a new or different vehicle at the time. After I told them what my monthly payments on the truck were, they came back trying to say that with the sticker price on the vehicle, I would make up the difference in the cost of gas. I told them that I liked the payments I was currently making and not willing to go higher per month and was just interested in the car, they then came out with the dealer cost for me. After that was just hagling on the down payment and the trade-in amount for my truck. So I was able to save that way. Pretty much the same as a lot of the other posts in here. I also got the $1000 off for financing through Chrysler financial.

The best advice to give is to go into the dealership with a take it or leave it attitude, don't let them know that you really want it....and also get as much information as possible ahead of time on the vehicle.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

ORIGINAL: ArmyGuy

The best advice to give is to go into the dealership with a take it or leave it attitude, don't let them know that you really want it....and also get as much information as possible ahead of time on the vehicle.

No doubt. Great thing is I could care less if I get a car now or not. I actually don't plan on buying something until NEXT June but will go through and run my mouth for a GREAT deal and see what happens. I have a Minivan that's time for replacement but it'll go another year if need be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Invoice?