DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   Dyno's and Synthetic (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/73137-dynos-and-synthetic.html)

baldyloxs 09-12-2006 03:24 AM

Dyno's and Synthetic

I have a guy at work used Royal Purple and gained 6 more rwhp off the dyno.In the same setting guys who had dyno did a marquise on reg oil at 181rwhp,then drained put in Mobil1 Syn. and went up to 196rwhp.I guess that Synthectics do contribute to more RWHP.Any thoughts on this from you guys?

Marty

74scamp 09-12-2006 09:26 PM

RE: Dyno's and Synthetic

Marty - no foolin'? That's 15 hp with the Mobil 1. I guess the numbers don't lie. I have no real world experience on this subject, but that much extra hp should make a noticeable difference.

dave

baldyloxs 09-13-2006 04:27 AM

No foolin Dave he was amazed also,he watched them change the oil in it .

mnboy 09-13-2006 12:20 PM

Baldy,

Sounds right from what the ricer boys tell me around here. Slippery stuff. The ricers, with their hot turbos, like the extra heat synthectics will tolerate. Royal Purple is very popular here with the younger set with their high revving 4 and 6 motors. My son has been trying to talk me into it for some time. Just like you, when I heard they allow the motor to spin better, I think my next change may be Royal Purple. However, so far, they do not make an auto transmission lube for the newer LX platforms. GM, Ford, Toyota have it, but not for us yet...

My only hold back has been price.

:)

MN

74scamp 09-13-2006 02:21 PM

Yeah, the price has held me back as well. However, I think I will have to try some of that Mobile 1 stuff and see what happens.:) Will try to do it before I go to the track. Oh, its supposed to be windy as all get out here on Saturday. [:@] That's when we were going to the track. So we'll have to see........

dave

440nix 09-13-2006 03:16 PM

now thats somthing to try ,and i will .how much is a quart of royal purple.
thanks marty.
go mango 1342
daisy duke
mopar cai
mopar headers
rear defuser
corsa exhaust

73 charger se 4401

IXLR8 09-13-2006 03:32 PM

Sounds like there are a lot of gullable people to me. Show the actual Dyno runs with the automobile type, date, and atmospheric conditions, with the name of the person that conducted them, and the facility that was used. I will put $1000.00 of my own money on the line if anyone can show me that the difference in stock Charger oil, and ANY other oil is 15hp. I doubt you could show any difference. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

The STP sticker I put on my car just added 20hp. You should really get one....

topbanna3767 09-13-2006 03:43 PM

im a little confused,those dyno runs rain what numbers ? the way i read it ,it states that mobil 1 was better the royal purple ? or was it the other way around mobil 1 the royal purple .please clairify it ?

440nix 09-13-2006 08:05 PM

once you use synthetic oil you can't go back, word is that it will destroy the seals and rings.
regular oil has petroileum in it, and synthetic is more slicker[sm=escape.gif] than regular oil and has something in it that coats everything in the engine. this helps the engine rotate faster[sm=happy046.gif]. going back to regular oil would remove this coating causeing damage to the engine parts.[sm=headbang.gif]
hope this helps.
also said is that you what to use non synthetic oil for break in.
so i would think once you use syntheticoil don't go back to regular oil orrrr[sm=bomb.gif].

go mango 1342
mopar cai
mopar headers
rear defuser
corsa exhaust

73 charger se 440

topbanna3767 09-13-2006 10:51 PM

hi 440nix can you answer my question ? about which oils did what i was a little confused at what you wrote .the switching oils debate is no longer true i read an article on aol that the title was oils versus synthetic,the basics where that the original sythetic did just what you said but the new stuff thats come out is supposed to be electically bonded to something around 10 microns so switching between the 2 is good .but with the added benefits of synthetics hp torque better engine life improved fuel economy,not to mention the cost of these cars quality oils to protect your investment is just a smart thing to do.whether its mobil 1 or royal purple or lucas oils.we live in the 21 st century which thanks to science has provided us with the best products to protect our cars.so why not take advantage i picked up royal purple at www.tiresnparts.com for 5.99 a quart not bad actually given that they normaly run around 6.99 to 7.99 plus tax at a local store .so if you factor in 5.99 not tax (shipping was 20 bucks for 2 cases of oil) its only a buck or two more expensive then the ordinary crap.oh of course you can run the reg crap hoping too blow the engine so you can buy that stroker kit mango has so graciously showed us......