DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   Lean & Mean (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/73993-lean-and-mean.html)

Daytona RT 09-18-2006 04:33 PM

Lean & Mean

Well, with everyone teasin me mercilously with pictures of the new hood, spear removal and BigWheels, JBA Headers... EtceteraEtceraEtcetera.. I've given in !! I give up.. I surrender.. Stop the world let me off !!

I broke down and started my exterior project today. I purchased and shipped the RamAirHood to my body shop, Purchased a 4 door shaved doorhandle kit w/ poppers, got the autostart module, orange light kit and took my beast do the shop for its.. (Cough cough gag gag) Paint & body estimate.., choked down the shocking results and set the tentative appt to hand over my baby to the chop shop.

OMG What Have I Done!!!!

Its all Marty's fault.. Shaved door.. lead into shaved door handles, that lead into SRT hood, into complicated 11 channel module into.. Umm.. someone help me.. I've fallen and I can't get up !!! Ohh you are sooo on the top of my List Marty !!

At anyrate.. If I did well.. scheduled all the orders, deliveries and shop time, beast goes in for electircal on the 20'th.. & comes out of paint & body on the 6th..

OMG What Have I Done?!!! Somebody hold me.. <Sniffles>

Wish me luck folks.. I'm skerrt spitless.

karleysDAD 09-18-2006 05:00 PM

RE: Lean & Mean

Good for you. Cant wait to see her done. Interested in the door handle kit, (Can ya give some info). Thanks Mike.

74scamp 09-18-2006 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Daytona RT

Well, with everyone teasin me mercilously with pictures of the new hood, spear removal and BigWheels, JBA Headers... EtceteraEtceraEtcetera.. I've given in !! I give up.. I surrender.. Stop the world let me off !!

I broke down and started my exterior project today. I purchased and shipped the RamAirHood to my body shop, Purchased a 4 door shaved doorhandle kit w/ poppers, got the autostart module, orange light kit and took my beast do the shop for its.. (Cough cough gag gag) Paint & body estimate.., choked down the shocking results and set the tentative appt to hand over my baby to the chop shop.

OMG What Have I Done!!!!

Its all Marty's fault.. Shaved door.. lead into shaved door handles, that lead into SRT hood, into complicated 11 channel module into.. Umm.. someone help me.. I've fallen and I can't get up !!! Ohh you are sooo on the top of my List Marty !!

At anyrate.. If I did well.. scheduled all the orders, deliveries and shop time, beast goes in for electircal on the 20'th.. & comes out of paint & body on the 6th..

OMG What Have I Done?!!! Somebody hold me.. <Sniffles>

Wish me luck folks.. I'm skerrt spitless.

Now, Daytona, step away from the computer, drop that ordering book, and take a couple deep breaths. It will be OK!!! You have to let this seep in and realize that you will truly have a one of a kind. It's what you want, and you're doing it your way!

Seriously, get that digital camera all wired up and be sure to shoot us a lot of pics when you get her back. She will be just fine, very fine. :)

dave

baldyloxs 09-19-2006 03:13 AM

No prob. I am glad I could be of assistance to you ! I really want to see what she looks like after you get the rest of it done,Im sure it will look BAD A$$ .

MangoInTX 09-20-2006 02:31 PM

Damn, a complete makeover, looking forward to seeing pictures of this transformation.

Good luck!

Daytona RT 10-21-2006 06:53 PM

Well I've not had alot of luck lately, but atleast my beast is back. 4 weeks later & 2 weeks late.. down to my last nerve but I think it was worth while. You tell me

My Profile https://dodgeforum.com/showprofile.asp?memId=24013

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/B4FBD6D34D0A4C11831863C7DB10A237.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/BECA909BD2F945E3B4A2A9BDA77785F3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/0CA2916CCE0F4FAF9D98846914C5FA02.jpg[/IMG]

baldyloxs 10-21-2006 08:43 PM

Looks great man nice work, was worth the wait.I really like the shaved handles .They given you any problems yet?

IXLR8 10-21-2006 11:32 PM

Daytona...
Don't forget the dog in the back window with the head that "bobs" as you drive. Are you sure your not mixed up on which car to do this to? Sounds like mods for a '57 Chevy not a modern high tech, high performance, road eaten machine.

;)

Zedd 10-22-2006 06:11 AM

So, tell us Daytona. How does this work? since there are no keyholes left like the old school shaves, how do you open? The keyfob opens the car? Does it only open the drivers door or do all four open? If only the drivers, do you have buttons once inside to open the doors you want? I absoluteley love the look btw. I'm just curious how it works in every day use.

Daytona RT 10-22-2006 07:11 AM

Thanks Zedd. The only keyhole left; and this was intentional, is the trunk lid. How it works is fairly straight forward.
I installed the 7 channel module that would allow me to operate all the features off of one fob. Each door is fitted with a solinoid that when actuated through the module uses a 40 pound pull on an aircraft cable to rotate the latch. Door poppers are set into the door jam; being spring loaded when the latch releases the door pops open 6 inches.

The most asked question is what if the battary is dead or keys get left in the unit, how do I get in. The answer is that the module I installed has a small rechargable diode that holds enough energy so that when the unit looses power, the fob can still activate the driver's door solinoid. Also should the key be left in the car, I have a exterior button tucked away that I can reach and depress, opening the driver's door. Lastly, if necessary I can enter through the truck lid, pushing down the back seat and gain access to the interior door latch of the back seat.

All 4 doors pop, auto start, alarm arm & disarm are all operated off the same module & keyfob. Though I've only had the unit back a day, the doors and electronics have worked flawlessly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/2364468B2C9E48EE8685F72757C15FE3.jpg[/IMG]