Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Rocker Arm Ratio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 PM
shark7000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Arm Ratio?

I need to figure out what the rocker arm ratio for a 1980 440 in a motor home would be. I need to know to figure out the actual lift on my cam. I didn't know that needed to be taken into count when figuring a cam lift. I they were just measured by the lift on the cam. I contacted Summit Racing to figure out what I had, but they didn't know about the Super Stock Industries Performance Camshafts, and told me how to figure out the lift, but I need to know the rocker arm ratio to figure it out. This is all new to me. I've never gotten down to technical stuff like this before. It makes me feel like I know nothing about engines. I can rebuild it, but this is something I never knew.
Thank you,

Mark

Old 10-10-2006, 11:16 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Rocker Arm Ratio?

Although this isn't the Section in this form to ask, we can try to help. What's the engine code?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
shark7000

ORIGINAL: MangoInTX

Although this isn't the Section in this form to ask, we can try to help. What's the engine code?
Okay, I'm a newbie. I didn't see where I was suppose to post this. It's for my 71 Dodge Charger, so I thought I was in the right spot. I need to use a cherry picker to get it, so it's not here yet. I'll let you know when I find out.

Also, Summit Racing told me that I need to replace the intake manifold, cam, and carb to make it high performance. They said as it is, it was built for low end torque and "grunt". They say I need these part for high RPM's. Is this all I need to make it a good HP car engine?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:44 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Glad to have you here, it's good to see old/new school mixing Sounds like a sweet project you got in the mix!

74scamp our Section moderator would have better answers than me.

The correct Section may be Dodge Muscle Cars (<= click here)

Post up there as well, but keep us up-to-date if you get the code.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:30 AM
shark7000

The guy from Summit Racing told me that the stock ratio should be 1.5. So that gives me a lift of about .446 and .484. So I guess the answere is 1.5.
Thank you,
Mark

Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Thanks Shark7000 and good luck on the project. If you can, stop by from time to time and update on how it's going.

Quick Reply: Rocker Arm Ratio?