DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Charger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger-74/)
-   -   What exactly will void a warranty on a charger? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/96712-what-exactly-will-void-a-warranty-on-a-charger.html)

blackcharger06 03-06-2007 04:01 PM

What exactly will void a warranty on a charger?

I just wanted to know before I added anything else besides a system and tint.

74scamp 03-06-2007 04:19 PM

RE: What exactly will void a warranty on a charger?

If you're talking exhaust system, I was told that would NOT void the warranty, but be fore warned, it seems that DCX is coming up with new things that will void the warranty.

dave

blackcharger06 03-06-2007 06:03 PM

ok, I would love to know if anyone knows of anythings that may void it. I mean, according to some other people I have heard from in the last few days, since i have the 2.7 v6 i may be in for problems in the future.

does it matter also that i bought a warrenty with toyota? The dealer i bought the car from?

74scamp 03-06-2007 06:31 PM

I wouldn't think the warranty you bought from a Toyota dealer would, in itself, be a problem. Basically, I was told, as far as the drive train, just about anything you could bolt on, i.e., cold air intake, exhaust, even a chip would not void the warranty. Once you start changing things inside, i.e, cams, valves and valve springs, pistons and probably even after market heads would void the warranty. I'm in the process of changing the suspension springs and that will void the warranty on the shocks and struts, but I plan on changing them out also. What exactly have you heard as far as the 2.7 is concerned?

dave

MangoInTX 03-08-2007 10:00 PM

Void warrantyis a very vague statement. If you put a cam in the car then the warranty on the engine is gone but the tranny and axel should be under warranty.

If you use a JetChip and the engine blows up DCX has to prove it was the chip that caused the engine to blow up. If they do then it’s not under warranty.

As you see there isn’t a clear definition as to what will void parts of the warranty on some items. It all depends on what mods you want to put on the car.

blackcharger06 03-09-2007 01:41 PM

ok cause They are giving me a bucn of bull**** about a fix I had done. They charged me 100 dollars to fix my door handle and they wont cover it and my car iis under warrenty

MangoInTX 03-09-2007 02:42 PM

Please take a breath and settle down. I see, from the last couple of threads you posted, that you’re disgruntled.

I’m just a modder that likes to play with and work on cars. Sometimes things do not go the way their planned, in my case lots of times. I end up investing more time and money because I like to tinker with the car.

Your door worked fine prior to your taking the door apart. Then you ran into a latch issue. It appears to me that you caused the issue and $100 is the cost for you to tinker this time. What is you big beef w/DCX over a problem that you caused?

We'rehere to helpif you ask but please don't start throwing your trash around here on this forum.

blackcharger06 03-09-2007 05:27 PM

Once again this is not the only issue that I have had.

MangoInTX 03-09-2007 06:05 PM

A lot of folks here, including myself, have been in your shoes. It isn't fun and it can be very frustrating.

Your going to have to work throughthe other issues. It seems that the relationship you have with the dealership you've gone to isn't good, find another that will work with you.

The focus seemed to be on the outlay of 100 for the door handle, which was self induced. Sorry, if your fishing for SympathyI'm not chiping in.

baldyloxs 03-12-2007 01:12 AM

Alot of dealer of all manuf. are at a 100 min on a deduct. type deal on some things now .Where we bought ours is the same way,had bad waterpump they paid 100%. If it were something like door handle 100bks of my own