Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 AM
sledhead25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aspen

It's been quite awhile since I've been on here and hopefully this is the right spot for my questions. The place I work at has a 76 Aspen that they're trying to sell. It's in decent conditions, some small rust spots and obviously normal wear and tear. Whoever had it before did a half assed job of installing a stereo and other aftermarket accessories. Of course, it being a used car lot, they want way too much for it (in my opinion). Luckily I've become pretty good friends with the salesman and he has told me he'd sell it to me for about a third of the asking price. I'm looking for something to pass the time and figured that this car might be a good project. I wanted to do a little research before I went ahead and got it then realize later on that it was a mistake. One thing I noticed was that the front and rear wheels are different. From what I can tell from some of the pictures I've found, the front wheels are stock. Obviously with the age of it there are other things that it would need, so I'm curious if anyone knows where I'd be able to find not only wheels but other necessary parts. I don't necessarily want to do a full restoration but at least make improvements. I would like to find a place that is trusted, has the right parts, and at a reasonable price. Also, and this might be a dumb question, they're not sure which engine it has. I assume it has a 318, but I also found that there was a 360 option. Shouldn't there be some kind of plate with that info on it on the engine or in the engine compartment? Thanks for any info you may have.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM
jfreakofkorn

They have plenty of outlets on the net for parts ....

What kind of parts are you looking for ....??? besides wheels ....

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

if it has the electronic ignition that came out in 1973. get two new ballast resisters, put them in the glove box. the first time it doesnt start, replace the resistor under the hood with a new one, before you do anything else.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM
sledhead25

I'm not sure what I'm gonna need yet. I'm still trying to work it all out with the salesman. Are they're some places that you guys trust for parts?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM
jfreakofkorn
Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

heres some hints
1. i think it has a ballast resistor on the fire wall. go buy 2, put them in the glove box. the first time the engine fails to start. put one from the glove box on fire wall.*
2. for V8s. if you need to work on the carb. cover the hole in the cylinder head under the sides of the carb. small parts love to hide in that hole. and you cant get them out.
3. add this to your auto *chrysler*trans. an external fluid filter
go to auto-zone. get 2210, its called a power steering filter, but it is for transs to. it is for 3/8 tubing. by (magna-fine) be sure to use high pressure hose. Reff:http://www.magnafilter.com.au/magna-fine.html*

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
sledhead25

Thanks for all the advise. I'm still kinda working on a deal with the salesman and I'm hoping when I get taxes back I'll be able to get it. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM
jfreakofkorn

Quick Reply: Aspen