Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

HELP - need expert info on '37 D5 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 08:26 PM
DodgeBall59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - need expert info on '37 D5 Touring Sedan

Hi, I'm working on a new car show for Discovery Channel, focusing on people getting appraisal value for their classic cars. One of them is a 1937 Dodge D5 Touring Sedan. There's not a whole lot of info out there on the web, and I'm hoping someone among the many Dodge experts here can impart their knowledge. I have the basic specs on the car, and some details on basic features, but I'm looking to go next level - looking for great "takeaway" moments for the casual viewer.

Examples would be things like, "this feature was very common/uncommon for Dodge for that period", or "Value for these cars paled next to Fords and Chevys", or "This was the first or last year of this design/style/feature"- etc. etc.

Are these cars of value to Dodge collectors today? Why or why not? How did size of the engine compare to other Dodge models? What car does the D5 most compare to?

Any info appreciated, thx. Please be accurate as we do have fact checkers.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Pics?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:32 PM
DodgeBall59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show hasn't aired yet so I can't display pics, sorry. Just looking for intel on the model.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Hi, I'm working on a new car show for Discovery Channel, focusing on people getting appraisal value for their classic cars.
There is a show just like that on Velocity, It's called what's my car worth. Not a whole lot of activity here for old classic/vehicles, Last post in the dodge muscle car section was three months ago! I will send you PM of site that may fit what you are after if you don't find it here.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Well, there's NADA.....

And concept carz.

Random one for sale.

Condition of the car makes a MAJOR difference. But, you knew that.

Just not a lot of info out there for them..... Considering the age, that really doesn't come as a surprise either.

Quick Reply: HELP - need expert info on '37 D5 Touring Sedan