Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

1971 Dodge B300 Sportsman Brake Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Vantastication
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1971 Dodge B300 Sportsman Brake Conversion

I have a 1971 Dodge B300 Sportsman 318 V8. I was informed I need to get my front drum brakes converted to disk brakes. I've been researching a few days, but I am not seeing any kits ready to buy. Unless I'm just not looking in the right places? I have seen a few that might work for around $900-$1000, but to be honest I have no idea what parts should be included or not. Sure, I'd love a typed out list of exactly what I need to buy, but that sound like a bit much to ask. I have zero automotive knowledge, and I'm hoping to at least get a push in the right direction on where to find the information on what I need to make this happen. Side issue, my master cylinder is also going out but if I'm reading right I need to do the conversion at the same time because that part would change as well? Any info will be more than I have now and greatly appreciated.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Why do you need front disk brakes? The drum brakes have been adequate to the task for the last 47 years..... What's changed???

Quick Reply: 1971 Dodge B300 Sportsman Brake Conversion