Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Its time!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 05:40 PM
LOBO510
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its time!

I have a 1979 powerwagon. It's bone stock and the 360 has ~50,000 moles on it. I've been battling with a carb issue so it's been sitting for a few years. I'm moving to Oregon from California. I'm ready to put some money into her and get er on the road again now that I'll be living somewhere with no smog restrictions. The problem is that i'm not a mechanic. I mean I understand the systems in cars and trucks and how they work. Bur I don't have a ton of experience actually wrenching on them. So obviously that means my budget won't go as far.
Furthermore the car is practically brand new with only 50000 miles on it and completely original and stock so I'm not sure how deeply I wanna dig in to it.
My question to you guys and gals is:
If you were going to put 10 grand into this vehicle what would you do?

Old 11-14-2018, 10:21 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

That's not a question you want to ask me! It would have a new hemi in it, lifted dana 60 axles(you get the point). It's a Powerwagon with low miles true but it's not going to bring six figures at Barrett Jackson. If it was a Little Red Express with low miles then i would give it a second thought before any major work was done. Question is what are your expectations wants/needs that you want it to be? First thing i get rid of on all pre 80's mopars is the boat anchor intake and carb. Get a aluminum Edelbrock intake/ Holley carb then headers and go from there.

Quick Reply: Its time!