Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

01 Dakota QC Stuck in 4x4 low

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:26 PM
hoycruisers54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Dakota QC Stuck in 4x4 low

Hey there everyone! So i have a 4.7l 01 dakota quad cab, have een doing much research and have had no lick finding anything to narrow down my issue. My 4x4 use to work great and then one day just stopped working. Thankfully it stopped working in 2wd. Found the 4x4 fuse to be blowing under the hood as soon as a new one made contact. So a short somwhere. Left it alone for awhile and was playing around with it last night and put a jumper wire in the fuse slot to try and further diagnose the issue. Somehow the transfer case ended up shifting into 4lo and will not come out when i try to switch to 4hi or 2wd the 4x4 indicator light just flashes and will not engage in anything other than 4lo. This is my daily driver so i desperatly need it back in 2wd is there anyway i can accomplish that from what anyone knows or has anyone else had this issue and tracked down the problem? Dont have alot of cash to just throw parts at it on a whim.