Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Tires, Tires, Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
mopar4u
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires, Tires, Tires

2002 QC 4.7 auto 4x4
I have no clue when it comes to tires. Right now I still have the factory GoodYear Wranglers. They seem OK but I've never had anything else. I'm looking for a good all season tire with no downfalls when it comes to snow or rain (i live in Wisconsin). I would like to keep the noise level no more than what the goodyears are giving me. This truck does absolutely no off roading. Should I just go with the goodyears again or can I do better? I'm trying to stay under $125 a tire. I have the 265 70 16 tire package on my truck.
What is everyone's experience with all season tires on your dakota?

Old 08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
914dakota
Professional
Default RE: Tires, Tires, Tires

Personally I like BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A. There are alot out there just take a look and see what you like and what you can afford. IMHO I do not like Goodyears

Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Bottom line is this, do you want street tires or do you want all weather/all terrain tires? I had the Goodyears on my Dakota for a while, but I switched to the Kumho ECSTA STX. I never went offroad other in grass and I did lots of street driving in my Dakota. This tire was fantastic. They were priced at roughly 120$ a piece. They were well worth it. They had the best wet traction/snow traction of any Light SUV/Truck tire I could get. Mind you, I'm not including the off-roading style tires because if all you do is street driving, you dont need em. Bottom line, I would look at three things.

1. How much street driving you do
2. How much bad weather you plan on encountering
3. Do you really need off-roading tires

www.tirerack.com

That website gives you ratings on tires based upon how they perform in various climate/terrains. I found it to be quite good and relatively comparable to other sites. It at least will give you the ability to physically see the comparisons in performance. If you have any questions, I'd be more then happy to email you or talk to you on chat.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
thump186
Record Breaker

i second the all terrain ko's awesome tire for the money and not noisey. look around at tires and see what interests you. an open design is going to allow the tread to clean itself of snow mud and such quicker while if it has to wide of a pattern and heavy lug pattern it is bound to be a bit noisey.

Quick Reply: Tires, Tires, Tires