Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Tornado for more fuel milage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 01:42 AM
TopWop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado for more fuel milage?

Is anyone except me trying a Tornado [TORNADOair.com]to improve their gas milage on their dodge?

I have a 2000 Club Cab Dakota with a 4.7 V-8 engine and I have heard of excellant results by various users of this product in my area so I decided to try it in my Dakota.It only costs 70 bucks and takes a few minutes to install.

Bill

Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Tornado for more fuel milage?

The Tornado thing is a scam I've heard. A waste of money.

-Matt-

Old 06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

The Tornado thing is a scam I've heard. A waste of money.

-Matt-
How many times do I have to tell you to stop hammering my modifications!

Anyway, he's right. The Tornado has been shown to do absolutely nothing for you. Except when it breaks and gets sucked into your engine.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:56 PM
TopWop

I have be told just the opposite from many users that are currently using the tornado product,in fact not one single person in my area dislikes this product..Im wondering where your info comes from?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:15 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Quotes from Dodgedakota.com. Don't be suckered into buying this.

A while back either Car and Driver or Motor Trend put one on one of their test trucks. They did a controlled environment test both before and after installation, including 1/4 mile runs. No change to the gas mileage or 1/4 mile time.
I tried one on an S10. Thank God for the money back guarantee. After extensive testing I got no performance of MPG gains....and they are too light for paper weights. If you want to waste your money, buy a throttle body spacer. At least they are heavy enough to be used for a paper weight.
After viewing this I think we should take it from these unsatisfied customers. The gimmick is intriguing and phony. I have a Ford and always am looking for an edge over zealous wreckless Chevy owners.
It is phony. People who think it works are just
psyching themselves out because they just blew
$75 bucks and do not want to feel like a dummy.
Another sucker every minute
. Another reap-off where the consumer gets poorer and the inventer gets richer. Thanks guys for the comments. Ed
Its Crap
If you buy one of those Tornado Fuel Savers your
DAK will get better gas mileage and get better
E.T.'s and here is why :

...Because your back pocket will be $75 lighter !

-Matt-

Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

look at it this way

guys spend tons of money to port and shave their intakes for SMOOTHER air flow, but puttin something in there is making an obstruction in the airflow

Old 06-18-2005, 03:23 AM
Dave in LB
Professional

Porting and polishing isn't just to smooth airlow it's to match surfaces for the tightest fit. Kind oif like decking the heads. There is somthing to disturbed airflow but it needs to be the helical swirl.Most likely it allows for more dense air to pack into a largerspace prior to being shoved into the chamber. The more air you can atomize and pack into a given space the better detonation you will recieve. This idea has been proven to work by hot rodders for years. It's the same idea as a highrise manifold and those work right? If you are expecting more than a couple MPG and more than 10hp improvements then you are expecting too much. On top of that the reason for the TBS is the improvement in low to midrange torque. The mpg is a secondary benefit.

As for the tornado their own websight says that it only improves milage 1-2 MPG that is now where near good enough to make the investment. Smoke and mirrors on this one.

This might help:

http://www.performanceimprovements.h...HelixNews.html

Old 07-02-2005, 06:27 PM
bubbleburster

Was going to order one and test it out on my honda civic before even thinking of putting it on my truck, but Im always skeptical about those kind of things.Never new they were getting sucked into peeps engines though,maybe I wont even buy it for my car either.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:24 PM
ptschett
Professional

If these things worked, they'd already be on there. I'd tend to think that with the CAFE laws requiring the average of a carmaker's cars and trucks to meet certain fuel economy levels, the carmakers would build the vehicles to be as efficient as possible without compromising the vehicle's abilities.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 PM
2c5s

The fact that some of you guys post the question in the first place scares me. Get real!!!

Quick Reply: Tornado for more fuel milage?