Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

anyone... please

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 05:48 PM
deckpilot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone... please

There is so much noise coming from the front end of our 2wd dakota.My wife had it serviced when I was out of town for incredible squeaks. They said it was the "coil spring isolater". Replaced. 2 days no noise, now squeaks. Had a worn ball joint replaced. Squeaks. I have greased all the fittings time and again. It squeaks when you get in. It squeaks as you turn the wheel. Even the smalles bump the thing squeaks.

It's both sides. I am thinking it is the ball joints, with 3 being original and 80k on the truck. Though it sounds like it could be coming from around the coil spring area too. Any suggestions? I've heard other dodges around town making the same noise, so I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. What worked for you?

Old 12-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Truckxpressions
Veteran
Default anyone... please

it sounds more like the ball joints then the springs. in theory replacing only one ball joint would put more stress on the mew one or the older 3 causing the new one to wear out fast or the old ones to make more noise. i would try those first.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:21 AM
mattyrz
Default anyone... please

you might also want to look at the upper and lower control arm rubber bushings. if they are dried out and cracked and are in need of replacing i wouls suggest putting in polyurethane bushings. they not only last longer but make the truck handle much better.

Old 12-23-2003, 03:29 PM
ernie
Default anyone... please

I have noticed the same problem on my 98 4X4 .. it appears to onle happen in colder wheather making me think it is the rubber bushings on the control arms.</P>

Old 01-24-2004, 02:13 PM
veejr
Amateur
Default anyone... please

Try spraying the rubber bushings liberally with silicone spray. If this quiets the noise then it's the bushings that need replaced. If not then I'd consider the ball joints.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
topgun440
Default RE: anyone... please

OK use some sylcone spray on the sway bar bushings. That should take care of the squeak