Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

What is chysler smoking.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't going to say anything but as I am reading the posts I felt I had to put my 2 cents in. First the new Dart WILL be come collectable, I say this because like someone said earlier the K was a disposable car, and it was, and because of that the surviving ones are being sought by collectors, I personally turned down two offers for mine $4800 and $5200, remember every car that was ever built past or present has its own fans. When I was showing my K she would get attention at shows not only from MOPAR fans but from people who remembered either owning one or knowing someone who had one, and all of them had a story to tell about their K.
Second I agree with "a vehicle will last as long as the owner takes care of it", about 3 years I had 2 '05 Chevy Impalas in the shop they were identical in color and options, one had 56k on the clock the other 52k, the lower mileage one was falling apart and the other looked and ran like new, the owner whose car was falling apart would always complain every time he came in that his car was a POS , and if you looked at what little service records there were he never did any thing but put gas in it and the OCCASIONAL oil change. The one with 56k was meticulously maintained, problems were addressed when they were small issues.
As for Chrysler bringing back old names for the hell of it. They are bringing back these names because market research showed these are names their target demographic can associate with, thus hoping to generate sales on the whole nostalgia factor. Even though market research might have shown the Dart name would "click" with consumers, personally I think if any name for a compact should be resurrected it should have been Aries, like it was said earlier in this thread and as all of know it was the K that saved Chrysler and even gave birth to the Caravan. That name would have been more fitting for Chrysler who is making a comeback.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were to come with a turbo I beleive it would be a decent car. Reason being is that it would be built better across the entire platform to handle it...no weak parts. Had a gf who drove like grandma that bought a Neon in 2000...ask me where that car is now, lol!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
Had a gf who drove like grandma that bought a Neon in 2000...ask me where that car is now, lol!
Oh gosh, please please please let me answer this one.... the SCRAP YARD where all the rest of them went...????? (lol)

Last edited by LU229; 03-21-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Well you aren't supposed to break in a car by babying it. That is very bad for everything. You need to drive it at different speeds and get aggressive with it for everything to break in properly. When you only do it at one speed (slow) as soon as it passes the threshold of fast, everything fails.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 PM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
Well you aren't supposed to break in a car by babying it. That is very bad for everything. You need to drive it at different speeds and get aggressive with it for everything to break in properly. When you only do it at one speed (slow) as soon as it passes the threshold of fast, everything fails.
I wonder how many old people there are out that drive like that...wow! Lol.. I guess that means that I prolly shouldn't buy the ole 67 430 biick rivierra my 80+ yr neighbor has that he putts around in from time to time. Looks are deceiving huh, lol? I'm just teasing...you're idea is good if you drive hard but not nessesarily a must for everyone....just my opinipn of course. Anyway, I don't know how he use to drive but today I've never seen him drive over 20 or anywhere near the speed limit in the six or seven years I've known him....I want that car, I'll take all of those kind of cars driven like that you can muster. And btw, the Nissan she gave her son when she bought it out lasttted it...both droven by the same person the same way.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
O really?
If we both buy a New car, You can break in my car by babying it, never go over 2000rpm, and I will break in ur car the way you said it, let see which car last longer.
j/k, I know what you mean.
But the thing is, I've serviced quite a few Old ladies 10yrs old car with less than 20k miles. with Cob webs in the engine bay, and Motor oil looks like it just came out of the bottle. I would definitely buy the old lady's car over a car that went thru all type of driving style.

Last edited by steak59; 03-22-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:13 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a new 97 Neon and a new 03 Neon. Both were great cars. The 03 is still being driven by my son with just over 180k miles. Look, if you guys want to suck on Japanese er propaganda, more power to you. I've had every generation Chrysler compact and mid-size car going back to my 65 Coronet. I have also had the torture of owning new Toy****a and Nissans. You guys believe what their commercials and bought off "consumer magazines" sell. Good for you. You are sheep who will always follow the crowd. Being a Chrysler owner, I have always been mocked and insulted. I have also spent far less to buy and maintain my vehicles than import owners. No, I'm not happy Chrysler is owned by FIAT now. But I won't trash the company and the cars of the past to say how great the jap cars are. You dolts are obviously not real Dodge or Chrysler guys. So what? Why troll here? If your Toy****as and Hondas are so great, why not go join their forums? You can find the way there easy enough. Just follow all the other sheep that love licking jap @$$.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mantisman51
I owned a new 97 Neon and a new 03 Neon. Both were great cars. The 03 is still being driven by my son with just over 180k miles. Look, if you guys want to suck on Japanese er propaganda, more power to you. I've had every generation Chrysler compact and mid-size car going back to my 65 Coronet. I have also had the torture of owning new Toy****a and Nissans. You guys believe what their commercials and bought off "consumer magazines" sell. Good for you. You are sheep who will always follow the crowd. Being a Chrysler owner, I have always been mocked and insulted. I have also spent far less to buy and maintain my vehicles than import owners. No, I'm not happy Chrysler is owned by FIAT now. But I won't trash the company and the cars of the past to say how great the jap cars are. You dolts are obviously not real Dodge or Chrysler guys. So what? Why troll here? If your Toy****as and Hondas are so great, why not go join their forums? You can find the way there easy enough. Just follow all the other sheep that love licking jap @$$.
I'm happy Fiat owns them because Daimler didn't give a **** when they owned Chrysler.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibby927
I'm happy Fiat owns them because Daimler didn't give a **** when they owned Chrysler.
Actually they did. They cared so much that they did everything in their power to DESTROY Chrysler.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Actually they did. They cared so much that they did everything in their power to DESTROY Chrysler.
Seems like an extremely anti Chrysler thing to say. . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is chysler smoking.