Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Have you driven the new Dodge Dart? Tell us about it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Have you driven the new Dodge Dart? Tell us about it!

Hello all!

I have been fortunate to log a few hundred miles in the 2013 Dodge Dart in both Limited and Rallye trimlines, with the 2.0L auto and the 1.4L turbo with a manual. I know that dealers around the country are getting their first demo models around this time and I know that some of you have driven them so I would like everyone to tell us what they think about the new Dart!

Also, who has gone to their dealership but couldnt drive it because it had already been sold?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I was in trainning last week on the 1.4 turbo dart. The seem to be nice looking and i think it going to sell well. We heard rumors that the dart is going to have 2.4 turbo SRT. That one maybe all wheel drive.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Jacque B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought one this past Saturday. The 1.4L turbo, 6 speed manual Rallye package. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!! It is everything I wanted. It's sporty enough, and fun to drive, lots of color combos for everyone, (Had to have the RED!). It has more bells and whistles than I imagined. It tracks great. Very stable and feels solid. Very quiet inside, and when I mentioned it to my 20 year old son, he said "Have you heard it revved from outside? IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!" He and all his friends (we're a family of gear-heads!) are very impressed with my car. As a matter of fact, one of his friends was thinking about getting the Fiat Abarth, but now that he's seen my car, he's rethinking it. So far no complaints about anything!!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

As soon as my dealership gets one or two, going to test drive it with the wife. Thinking about trading in her Durango for one.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depending on the size of your dealership, it could be a long time before they get two of them. most dealers are getting their first one around this time (depending on region) and it could be a month or more until they get the next one.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

too small and like the Charger with its 4 doors-only format ruined the name of a great car.... this platform they call the Dart i feel the same; I have owned 70s Chargers and Dad had a few Dodge Darts... (OK so the last one was Duster.... same thing) I cant get my mind around this car....

Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

Get over the name. Both the new Charger and Dart four doors are just fine with the names they carry...about the only people that complain are geezers that are too stubborn to accept change.

What should they call it, a Volare? Now there's a name that's gonna move cars.....

Old 07-05-2012, 12:11 AM
earlyre
Professional

i suppose they could have just saved a bunch of time & money on the "re-design", and just called It the Alfa Romeo Gulietta....or even the Dodge Gulietta, but then again we americans don't like hatchbacks.... ( I know its a totally new vehicle, just shares a set of measurements (though modified from the euro model)I'm just being an ***..)

Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
srt4dork

I loved that thing. The one we got was a 1.4 turbo manual and it was pretty darn fun to drive. Small motor, small turbo, it takes minute to before its starts putting you in the seat a little but one, thats to be expected and two, thats not was this car is for. I would be very interested in getting one as my commuter car. The other beautiful thing was when I got on a stretch of straight, flat, pseudo-highway. I set the cruise at 60, reset the mpg computer and watched it say 50.1........ 50.2........50.3.... on a three mile stretch. So I am really anxious to see what kind of mileage I can get on an actual highway on an actual roadtrip.

In short (not really) I was very impressed. I kinda already knew it was going to look sweet and I was wholly impressed by the function as well.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

I drove one today. Decent little car. Completely gutless under 2500 in any gear but 1st, but after about 2300 she starts pulling and is at full song just north of 2500 I think. Not an SRT4, but moves pretty decent for 1.4 liters (~86 cubic inch). I drove the 1.4 turbo/6 speed, which I think is what all currently on lots are equipped with.

Back seat is a bit small, but the front was large enough and I'm 6'2". Trunk was quit large. I'd put serious thought into the Rallye I drove.

Quick Reply: Have you driven the new Dodge Dart? Tell us about it!