Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Cruise Control Fails on Dart???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 PM
gina.blank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cruise Control Fails on Dart???

I owned a Rallye for two months. Eight times, the cruise control did not work when I wanted it to (i.e. I pressed the on/off button and nothing would happen). If I shut the engine off and then restarted it a few mins later, the issue was gone and it would work fine. I took it in, and the code stored was for the turbo engine. Whatever was glitching with the turbo was kicking out the cruise, apparently.

But three dealerships could not figure out what caused the error code with the turbo in the first place, and for that and other reasons, I traded the car for the Dart SXT instead.

I have driven the Dart SXT less than a week, and its cruise control failed on me this afternoon (not the turbo in this case--this car doesn't have a turbo engine). Frustrating as all else to think I might be dealing with this again. I drive a lot of Hwy kms, and need a cruise control I can rely on.

I will continue to take it in to get serviced--lots of warranty left--but it's a hassle to bring it in every time it fails to see if they can pinpoint the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with their Dart? Mine's a standard transmission, if that helps.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
chrisdart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, no responses since July. Has it happened more? I added cruise to my manual transmission and haven't notice any issues with it. I left the cruise turned on in my Honda for years and just used the set and +/- buttons and am doing the same in the Dart. Maybe it turns off every time and I hadn't noticed. Now I will.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Fails on Dart???