Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

2013 Dart LE AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:09 PM
LLinLa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Dart LE AC Problem

40k miles. Shift cable broke and replaced by dealer along with battery caused by break (couldn't put in park, turn ignition off, etc., and took hours for tow truck to arrive) Got her back, problem solved. Dealership attitude "You didn't buy it from us so we don't really care about your Dodge." (Known attitude, virtually policy!) But it works just fine, shifting and electricity anyway!

I noticed an A/C difference. "Auto" feature was not putting out. It's normally a tornado until the temp adjusts. But little or no air now. After work, I thought maybe the "Climate" needed to get reset because of the resolved battery problem. Actually, the MAX A/C button on the OSD still produces frostbite and the fan successfully adjusts from 1-7. So the system is fine.

Assumption: the mechanic disconnected a wire or sensor removing the console to re-attach cable.

Anyone that may have experience in console removal, please comment. Since the dealership is "hostile" I would like to avoid a fight if they should say "Give us another few hundred bucks and we'll fix that." Thanks in advance.