Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

2014 Dart GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Darkguild69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Dart GT

Hello everyone long time lurker first time actually posting. The last 2-3 months I have been having an intermittent problem with my 2014 Dart GT's automatic shifting. The issue first started appearing around 3 months ago when I was driving to work one morning, and my "check engine" light came on. It was at this time that I noticed while sitting at a red light that when I tried to accelerate the usual speedy performance was not there. After two more stops with the same issue, and my check engine light on I decided to switch over to manual shifting to see what the problem was. That was when I noticed that even though my vehicle was stopped it was still in 3rd gear.

Despite trying to manually downshift to 2nd or 1st gear the vehicle would not change gears. It would also not upshift either while sitting still. The vehicle stay liked this my entire drive with no other issues that I noticed besides not downshifting when stopped. I did manage to accelerate enough to see if it would upshift while driving, and it did. I noticed it shifting to 4th, 5th, and 6th gear by itself. However, when stopped it would not go below 3rd no matter what I tried. Even turning the vehicle off and on did not fix the problem. After parking at work and putting in a full day I came back to expecting the same issue but the "check engine" light was off, and the vehicle was driving normally again with no issues. Fast forward 2 months and this same issue has reared it's ugly head 3 more times with the latest being today. I have notice that it seems to be happening more frequently as the time between the last issue and this most current one was only a week. I am not entirely sure if this is a mechanical or electrical issue? I really don't have the money right now to take it to a dealer for diagnostics since I just finished paying $3300 dollars to get my transmission replaced in my 2011 Durango. Any thoughts, help, or advice you guys can give me would be great. Thanks everyone.

Also I plan on taking the Dart to AutoZone after work today to get the codes read and hopefully that might shed some more light on what the issue is as well.

Just curious if anyone else has had anything similar happen to their Dart now or in the past?

Last edited by Darkguild69; 08-15-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Addming more info
Old 08-15-2018, 10:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You or us will not know where to begin until you get the codes read.

Quick Reply: 2014 Dart GT