Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

2.5L engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
ScottyP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5L engine

Im going to be getting a 2.5L N/A engine out of a dodge daytona i have tryied and cant find any sites out there that have performance parts for these engines is there any one here that can help me?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
22dodge
Banned

Originally Posted by ScottyP
Im going to be getting a 2.5L N/A engine out of a dodge daytona i have tryied and cant find any sites out there that have performance parts for these engines is there any one here that can help me?
The bad part is most of all the good performance N/A parts are long gone. In all practicallity a turbo package or go with the 3.0 and put a 5speed behind it.

I can tell you some things to gain a little out of that engine but if you want to go all out, be prepared to open your wallet. I built a 325hp N/A 2.5 but at a cost of almost $10k. for the same power out of a 2300 ford would have run me $7-$8k

Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
ScottyP

Originally Posted by 22dodge
The bad part is most of all the good performance N/A parts are long gone. In all practicallity a turbo package or go with the 3.0 and put a 5speed behind it.

I can tell you some things to gain a little out of that engine but if you want to go all out, be prepared to open your wallet. I built a 325hp N/A 2.5 but at a cost of almost $10k. for the same power out of a 2300 ford would have run me $7-$8k
thanks for the reply what in doing is building a 4 cylinder race car and with the rules the way they are the biggest engine i can run is the 2.5L engine with no turbo chargers one single over head cam and onlt 2 valves per cylinder. plus im going to be putting this in a 96 neon.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
22dodge
Banned

Originally Posted by ScottyP
thanks for the reply what in doing is building a 4 cylinder race car and with the rules the way they are the biggest engine i can run is the 2.5L engine with no turbo chargers one single over head cam and onlt 2 valves per cylinder. plus im going to be putting this in a 96 neon.

Lets go with PM (private message) and I'll give you ALL the details. I've been building and racing 2.2/2.5 engines for over 14 years. For next year I'm running a dodge conquest that I installed a 2.2.

I need you to give me more details about your track rules, where you'll be running (track size and surface), budget, tires, and you're level of mechanical aptitude.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 PM
shelbydaytona
Banned

How can I get ahold of this guy, he sounds like someone that knows wtf he'd doing? i'm looking for some ways to get major hp from my 87 shelby z. i don'twant ot deal with fwd. they really hosed me on some parts a while back.

Quick Reply: 2.5L engine