Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Belt sqeaking bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
insaneturtle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Belt sqeaking bad

Ok so i have been trying to solve this problem for quite some time now, my alternator belt is squeaking and i dont know why. If I spray wd40 on it or something, it will go away for a little bit, and then return like 5 minutes after im driving, if i spray brakleen on it to remove the greece it squeaks even worse. i replaced the belt yesterday thinking that was the problem, and at first i thought i solved it, but it came back today and its just as bad! when i put the belt on i noticed that the belt was off the water pump pulley by barely even a millimeter i dunno if that anything to do with it but it looks like that side is worn down already i can see white threads coming out of that side. if anytbody could fix my problem i would appreciate it greatly!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something is out of alignment. did you ever check to make sure tensioner is properly tightend? have you checked the alternator bushings are good and it isn't twisted? which would make the belt walk off the water pump

Quick Reply: Belt sqeaking bad