Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

my sbec died need replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
moparman426
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my sbec died need replacement

Hi folks,new to this site,I have a 91 Daytona ES,3.0,M/T,ps,pb,pwdo,ac.july2013,I was dirving along at 25,and the eng.quit,no warning,no CEL,it just quit.Pulled over and checked things out.Eng cranked but no start. No spark no fuel pump,relays/fuzes good.Had a shop check it out,was told the ground ckt in the ecm was bad.Sent it to a shop in Texas via Fedex and it got lost in shipment.(that is a story in itself) So for the last few months I have been on the internet and had no luck. I have found ecm's for ag,ap,aj,aa,bodies with the same powertrain,and the numbers are above or below mine(4723559)The ones I did find were N/A or discontinued.
Queston:Can I take an ecm from one that is close in numbers to mine,provide VIN,ecm #,man.date 8-90,Milage,etc,and send it to a shop that can program it to my old unit?If so,who,where,and how long? This is as far as I can tell is a one of a kind car,and I want to keep it if at all possable If anybody can help,I can be reached at (e-mail)charliel@***.net Thanks in advance.

Last edited by moparman426; 03-30-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add cell phone #757-376-3439

Quick Reply: my sbec died need replacement