Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

92 Daytona: windshield trim removal?

Old 07-10-2017, 01:54 PM
nieuwr
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 Daytona: windshield trim removal?

Hi,
Am restoring a '92. There is some surface rust at both upper corners of windshield. I'm guessing the chrome trim vibrated thru the paint.
I can't see anything like screws, clips, or rivets holding the trim in place, but can't get the trim to come off with moderate pressure and am hesitant to pry harder. I read that some trim is held on by the adhesive which holds the windshield on.
Can anybody tell me how to remove the trim?
Thanks!
Randy

Old 07-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I read that some trim is held on by the adhesive which holds the windshield on.
Well there is a bracket that grabs the trim but from what i have seen the factory slopped on the windshield/weatherstrip sealer on and it gets on the brackets and trim. So X years down the road the sealer is rock hard and near impossible to get them off without damage. Can't say this is the way it was supposed to be but it is. Mine where damaged also because the windshield was replaced and they used rivets to attach it because they broke off the plastic behind the trim(T Tops). They also did number on the weatherstripping witch i still am looking for. It's not reproduced and nos stuff is gone. If you can get pic of the back of the trim you will see where it attaches and that may help. You can spray some liquid wrench(or similar)on it that will help soften the sealer.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 AM
marty mopar
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1992-93:

1 4422934 1 MOULDING, Windshield Upper, Black
2 4538258 1 MOULDING, Windshield Side, Black, Right
4538259 1 MOULDING, Windshield Side, Black, Left

note:

4538258 Right 4538259 left sides and included in

5303017 (both sides and upper)

4276318 is the upper used 1984-89 before 2-1-89 build date

4422934 used after that build date

I have the sides and 4276318

the trim can be removed if you have a molding removal tool made for windshield and back glass moldings

as for the t-top moldings and weatherstrips I have those too.

send me a PM on this if interested

Old 07-20-2017, 10:37 PM
nieuwr
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile And the answer is . . .

Hi again, After doing a little more aggressive prying, I determined that the windshield trim is just a U-channel which clips onto the edge of the windshield. There are no screws or rivets on my '92 trim. The trim that doesn't want to come off is stuck in the windshield adhesive.
Thank you to everyone who replied, and who wished they could.

Search this Thread