Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Daytona
Reload this Page >

1993 IROC Brake Sticking

Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

1993 IROC Brake Sticking

Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 PM
I-Rock!
Default 1993 IROC Brake Sticking

I own a 1993 IROC Daytona the right brake is sticking. I replaced pads, rotors and caliper. Still sticking. Left works as it should.

Very frustrating! Any suggestions?

Please & Thanks

Old 06-21-2018, 11:02 PM
primem
Record Breaker

flex hose....they can deteriorate and act like a one way check valve....apply and release the brake, crack the bleeder screw....if the fluid spurts out the bleeder the fluid is not flowing back to the master....I would replace the flex hose as a next step. they are relatively cheap

Old 06-22-2018, 08:53 AM
I-Rock!

Thank you! I will try that and post the results here.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:12 PM
I-Rock!
Thumbs up

Dude, you nailed it, much to the surprise of my mechanic, he too sends a virtual fist bump. I will upload pics later, my hands are clean, I'm going to eat lunch and watch soccer.

I'm not sure what the initial problem was, the right brake locked up, I thought it was my hand brake. If it happened when I think it happened, I drove against that brake for hundreds of miles (OK to MI and then daily for a few months)

the rotor got so hot, that it heated up the (Iron?) clamp which ever so slightly and stealthy melted the hose, restricting the flow of brake fluid.
the part melted by the clamp was obscured by the clamp itself and air passed freely through it after it was removed. Only after it was removed from the clamp that visual signs of the melting/stretching could be seen, the lettering was stretched and distorted.

pics later

thank you for your quick and SPOT ON post, you saved me hundreds!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:49 AM
I-Rock!

old hose

hose melted from hot bracket
So here are the best photos I can get. Photographing a brake hose was more challenging than I anticipated.

Last edited by I-Rock!; 06-23-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: add photos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1993 IROC Brake Sticking

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: